joxey
February 5th storm

Parsley

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wxsim forecast with 6z data has Snow/IP arriving by 6am tomorrow morning

continuing thru 12noon with 1" of snow accum

Then a mix during the PM of IP/ZR ending by evening....temps will remain below freezing in the NW Philly burbs for the entire event

Looking ahead the forecast has snow arriving by midnight with Heavy Snow by Thursday morning with already 6" on the ground for the Thursday rush....still more to come

This is looking more realistic than the last one:

yeah much better.. that last one was :arrowhead:

Then a mix during the PM of IP/ZR ending by evening....temps will remain below freezing in the NW Philly burbs for the entire event

Looking ahead the forecast has snow arriving by midnight with Heavy Snow by Thursday morning with already 6" on the ground for the Thursday rush....still more to come

:)

thanks for the update.

Do you ever get the chance to put in the EURO data at all in that, be curious to see what that shows?

I wish it did....but it only incorporates the latest GFS/NAM and numerous upwind advection sites ...I have asked the program's designer and he mentioned a problem with the fact that the automatic Wxsimate(which goes out to the net and downloads all the info) cannot use the European data because it does not come out hourly?? at least if my memory serves that was his explanation

Paul

Do you ever get the chance to put in the EURO data at all in that, be curious to see what that shows?

Latest forecast from Wxsim program with 12z models

Overall temps will not get above about 31.5 tomorrow here in NW Chester County and around 0.36" of precip will fall. Current Snow depth is a glacier like 12.0" with a hard ice crust

A mix of Snow and sleet develop near dawn with no more than 1" of snow before changing to a ZR/IP mix...this will then continue for most of the day and end in the late evening.

For those hoping for a big storm later in the week...some very good news...as the GFS has shifted the storm out to sea - as is most often the case with our bigger storms. I fully expect to see it back on the snow train by no later than 0z tomorrow night

Winter Weather Advisory now in effect for all of PA and most of NJ except for far south coastal counties.

For Philadelphia, Advisory is in effect from 1 am to 11 am. NWS is calling for a coating of snow followed by a glaze of ice on the front end, and then a little light snow on the back end.

Interested to see this afternoon's AFD for all of the events in the next week.

It's not the flakes, but the other crap that's expected. I still have an iceberg for a yard from Wednesday's mess. The dog can't walk without slipping and sliding all over the place and I can't even chop through it to clean it up.

LOL. I can't believe my dogs have not broke their legs yet on the hills around my house.

Archived