joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Groundhog Day Storm Thread

dryslot

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me deformation over this garbage any day.

maybe we get that later....looking at the radar, the showery stuff is moving through and a more uniform look to the radar is approaching. Looks like we get into a steady mod-heavy snow in a little while.

9am obs:

4" round 2

3.5 round 1

1 inch from 8am-9am accomplishes with varying rates.

pouring again now for the last few minutes.

I really like the look of the radar over western mass, There are some heavy echoes moving up towards here from the sw.. :snowman:

This event is looking better and better. I feel stupid about the post I made when I woke up. GYX is going to look really good at the end of the day. Rippage right now, large fluffy flakes that pile up really fast.

This event is looking better and better. I feel stupid about the post I made when I woke up. GYX is going to look really good at the end of the day. Rippage right now, large fluffy flakes that pile up really fast.

I'll wait for verification before heaping praise on GYX, but it's looking good for them presently. I told Ray I thought I'd be finishing up my shoveling late morning and headed to work for the afternoon. Prediction fail on my part.

I'll wait for verification before heaping praise on GYX, but it's looking good for them presently. I told Ray I thought I'd be finishing up my shoveling late morning and headed to work for the afternoon. Prediction fail on my part.

SO do you think we're going to see the radar backfill and ralize a foot out of this event?

I really like the look of the radar over western mass, There are some heavy echoes moving up towards here from the sw.. :snowman:

that's cause it's sleeting like all hell here. would maybe make the run to mt snow for turns, but it would just sting!

Just went outside. Have had about 2.7" new since I cleared at 6am. So since midnight we're up to 4.2". 2 day total stands at 7.4" and counting.

It's mostly rimed crystals and needles out there...no pure, huge, honking dendrites unfortunately (not that I expected any given the mid-level temps). The huge aggregates are mostly gone so that's a good sign that the sleet line will stay south of here during the heavy precip. Now we hopefully crank 2-4" of new snow until noon.

15.4F SN

I've had some intense snowfall rates this year...but this is the heaviest I've seen. Thought by radar echos that we might mix, but it's just belching huge snowflakes, with vis down to 100 yards! Killer!

vy heavy here too, was just out for round 2 of driveway clearing and damn, it is coming down!

inch was accumulated where I started by the time I finished

Really going to be interesting when the upper level low spinning over Chicago starts to move east. Me thinks places like the Nor. Greens and ADK will really benefit from this feature. History has shown that large disturbances like that and SW winds really do a number on northern areas. Going to be interesting for sure.

Archived