SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Groundhog Day Storm Thread

dryslot

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flurries compared to those obs from ORD and MDW last night!

Depends on how you look at it. :)

That 1hr period here snowfall rate wise was probably similar to what they had. I saw augmented obs of 1/16SM at ORD and MDW and we were probably around that. Luckily for them they did it all night with 50-60mph gusts and lightning. :lol: This was just a brief blitz. Oh well...you win some and you lose some. 9-14" around the region isn't too shabby if you keep it all in perspective.

Light to mod snow here all morning. Nothing heavy up this way yet. 3" new. 1.5" from overnight. 4.5" total thus far for both storms. Hopefully some of those heavier snows being reported to the south make it up this way...looks like they just might judging from the radar.

At work in Hanover now. It was really pouring snow when I left the house and we were up to 10-11" for the two day total, maybe a foot. I'll know more later tonight when I get back.

Nothing but snow at the house but I heard a few pingers on the windshiled as I approched Hanover.

I'm pretty foul right now. 1700' driveway full of snow and the starter on the plow truck decided to call it quits. Not normally a huge fix but one of the bolts was immoveable, yielding a partially rounded head. Just what I was hoping for!

Let's go with two axes. :ee:

Yeah, I won't hit 10" for this part of it. An 8" snow is good, but when the forecast has 12+ it is disappointing.

Stumbled on this NCEP QPF discussion from early this a.m.:

518 AM EST WED FEB 02 2011

...DAY 1...

...UPDATE...

LATER ARRIVING GUID IS SHOWG AN EVEN FASTER EXIT TWD THE EAST WITH

THE PCPN TDA. LATER ARRIVING SREF SPAGHETTI PLOTS OF ONE INCH AMTS

WERE MUCH LWR THAN ERLR RUNS. MANUAL QPF TRENDED IN THIS

DIRECTION...WHICH RESULTED IN LWR AMTS OVR INTERIOR NEW ENG TDA.

OTHER CHNGS WERE VRY MINOR.

ECKERT

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

SPOTTER REPORTS

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAY ME

104 PM EST WED FEB 02 2011

...LINCOLN COUNTY...

1 W HERON ISLAND 10.0 1247 PM 2/02

10 miles as the bird flies from my house. I had a few doubters on Facebook who pvt messaged me on my 11-12" measurements.

Low class to doubt measurements, unless you live next door or something.

Major road flooding here in Brockton. 24N on ramps were closed at noon presumably for flooding reasons.

Seems like all the salt has been washed away, wondering if this freeze up is going to be as bad as they are forecasting, might make the trip from Brockton->Medway a little early if so.

Archived