Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/1-4 Potential Part II

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.5" of QPF, and probably half of it is rain for PHL. Nice dry slot potential though that could slice those amounts a bit....

Not often do we root for a dry slot but in this case i'll gladly accept a dry slot with the overrunning snow fall then the dry slot would fit perfect so it doesnt flood or wash away the snow.

There's no reason for this not to cut further NW and completely flood us with 50s and heavy rain due to the +NAO. I'm going with a big rainstorm next week and huge flooding issues. Oh well it was fun while it lasted, now it's time for reality to set in.

for this storm or the rest of winter? lol

for this storm or the rest of winter? lol

The storm, i don't know how the rest of the winter will play out but I see no signs of blocking returning and the PNA is forecast to start trending downward by Feb 10.

Interesting stuff in the gulf and off the southeast coast on the gfs after the storm passes. Maybe we should be rooting for the upcoming storm to pass well N and W, then maybe the gulf entity could end up further west.

This is starting to look like a very bad flooding situation for the I-95. Fortunately, the surface would remain just cold enough to prevent snow melt. Perhaps muh of the snow could absorb the 1 in. of rain. I'm still hoping that it gets wound up early and heads for Detroit as opposed to Pittsburgh.

This is starting to look like a very bad flooding situation for the I-95. Fortunately, the surface would remain just cold enough to prevent snow melt. Perhaps muh of the snow could absorb the 1 in. of rain. I'm still hoping that it gets wound up early and heads for Detroit as opposed to Pittsburgh.

The problem outside of the city in the burbs is most of the storm drains are covered with feet of snow from plowing - so the roads will become flooded - not from the melting snow as much as from the new rainfall having no place to go on the roads - the snow should absorb musch of the rain especially if we get 6 inches on the front end prior and temps stay in the 30's....the other main concern is roof collapses especially on the flat ones

Our 2-3" rain equivalent snowpack could easily absorb 1" of rain, so as long as we don't blowtorch, I don't see flooding from heavy rains, apart from the runoff/blocked storm drain angle in urban areas, which could be substantial.

I guarantee that every model run of every model will bedifferent until sunday at 00Z. Its happened with every storm this winter

Rossi

well the off hour 18z's are the only ones left till 0Z sunday or did you actually mean monday at midnight ?

Archived