• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

I don't really agree... I think when you make a forecast, you've got to see confident until its obvious you are going to be wrong. Nate thinks its going to be warm and makes sure people know that. Folks on this board don't like to be constantly reminded that it might be a warm winter... its late November and most would rather go to sleep dreaming of feet of snow instead of 45F rain. I find the issues most have with him is that since he is going with a warm winter, he is certainly harping the warm/mild side of things, which weenies really, really, really do not like.

No one likes to have it pointed out that what was looking cold is now looking warm. I mean, Ginx buddy, you are always on the cold side of things like Pete and Jerry...always wishing eternal for snow and a colder solution... obviously you and NZucker won't see eye to eye, haha.

With all these fragile egos around it does not take much to get people to jump off the bridge, After last winter the last thing anyone up here wants to hear is about warm and no snow,But that was last year and a pattern that hopefully does not show for a long, long time.

Like i said earlier in one of the other threads, With how volitile this pattern is looking to be it looks like there will be more highs and lows then usual, Everyone should not get so wound up one way or the other if the ensembles do not show what they like........

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean "Moonlight Magic"? It really is nice with the snow. Where are you located that brings you out for that?

I remember last year's was so cold and windy all the candles were blowing out.

I wonder if any folks from God's Country will be be coming to the Falls for that: Chris? Pete? Mike?

I live in greenfield but work in shelburne falls.

I remember it being windy last year. A few years back we did have some snow. Its really nice and seems to get

everyone in the X-Mas mood when it snows. I cant wait for snow this year.

Y'all can go f*** yerselves!!! :drunk: Then let's get drunk

My guess is that whatever happens will surprise quite a few people. Extreme winter - either terrible (in the extreme) or great (in the extreme) or average (in the ... um extreme???)

I always thought Nzucker was a met major...

I'll drink to that ......lol, I try not to get amped up for anything until storms ae really pretty much iminent.....

I live in greenfield but work in shelburne falls.

I remember it being windy last year. A few years back we did have some snow. Its really nice and seems to get

everyone in the X-Mas mood when it snows. I cant wait for snow this year.

Yeah--two years ago there was snow. Made it quite festive. Whatever crappy weather comes through on Friday should be cleared out by the time that kicks off this year.

Where abouts in Greenfield are you?

Temps are the warmest of the day right now. Up to 50.6.

I don't really agree... I think when you make a forecast, you've got to see confident until its obvious you are going to be wrong. Nate thinks its going to be warm and makes sure people know that. Folks on this board don't like to be constantly reminded that it might be a warm winter... its late November and most would rather go to sleep dreaming of feet of snow instead of 45F rain. I find the issues most have with him is that since he is going with a warm winter, he is certainly harping the warm/mild side of things, which weenies really, really, really do not like.

No one likes to have it pointed out that what was looking cold is now looking warm. I mean, Ginx buddy, you are always on the cold side of things like Pete and Jerry...always wishing eternal for snow and a colder solution... obviously you and NZucker won't see eye to eye, haha.

Freak true dat but I was writing more about the presentation rather than the subject. I am an eternal optimist also a realist but I am also a degreed scientist , absolutes do not exist.

Freak true dat but I was writing more about the presentation rather than the subject. I am an eternal optimist also a realist but I am also a degreed scientist , absolutes do not exist.

Very true and no arguments there. I still feel that when you are making a forecast you need to act like you are 100% confident that will happen. No one wants a forecast that continues to say well it could do XYZ, but then again maybe ABC. We all know there is no absolutes but when making a forecast... you gotta just go for it sometimes.

Plus in my experience, the public does not want probabilities or a second scenario... they want you to give them one forecast and only one so I understand Nate's approach.

Uconn/Michigan St tonight at 7:00. on ESPN for any college hoops fans.. A young tea..but a team I think is going to surprise some people this yr . 2 freshman to watch tonite for Uconn are Shabazz Napier and Roscoe Smith..both are going to be very good

And another good turn! Thanks for the heads up, Kevin. One thing I miss from my days living in the lower valley was the abiliyt to get the CT Channels and Uconn hoops!

Very true and no arguments there. I still feel that when you are making a forecast you need to act like you are 100% confident that will happen. No one wants a forecast that continues to say well it could do XYZ, but then again maybe ABC. We all know there is no absolutes but when making a forecast... you gotta just go for it sometimes.

Plus in my experience, the public does not want probabilities or a second scenario... they want you to give them one forecast and only one so I understand Nate's approach.

It's not the forecast it's the responses I had issues with that's all.

Yeah--two years ago there was snow. Made it quite festive. Whatever crappy weather comes through on Friday should be cleared out by the time that kicks off this year.

Where abouts in Greenfield are you?

Temps are the warmest of the day right now. Up to 50.6.

im in the meadows. Plain rd. high at my house was 53 we are at 46 now.

Top ten pic Pete Sweet

Not really impressed with the camera in my phone but I geuss I really shouldn't expect a pro quality photo.

The only thing better then that sunset would be ice on that pond.........

The sunset was so vivid I had to take a pic. Photo is paler in comparison. That pond has actually skinned over a couple time already but not today. Almost sad to see the clubs stowed but skiing will always supercede all other activities for me. Well, almost all other activities.

Not really impressed with the camera in my phone but I geuss I really shouldn't expect a pro quality photo.

The sunset was so vivid I had to take a pic. Photo is paler in comparison. That pond has actually skinned over a couple time already but not today. Almost sad to see the clubs stowed but skiing will always supercede all other activities for me. Well, almost all other activities.

That is always a sad day when the clubs get placed in the cellar, But it was time after 89 rounds, I needded to get some stuff done before winter around the house.............. :thumbsup:

Didn't realize it was from today. Very nice pic

As I was leaving work today I was admiring the clouds as the sun was setting and the folks on WBZ radio were mentioning it too.

Think I can ski Friday? Not sure if they will open on time...

Archived