amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there was an episode of mythbusters (didn't watch the clip so i don't know if that is what you posted) that essentially disproved the whole xmas lights = tree fire thing.

The Christmas tree is what usually gets the spring time yard waste off to a fiery start. Nothing like a Christmas tree as a fire starter.

That's what I figured, but I've heard of some weird things that prolong trees..lol. I usually get my tree about 2-3 weeks before Christmas.

You would not even get the oil and water to mix, Best thing is to throw an aspirin in there, Works on trees just like humans, Opens up the veins so the tree absorbs more water.........

LOL...kids like doing it early and decorating the house..so why not.

There's a radio station that we get here that comes form Mass I think 96.1 that has been playing X-mas music continually since last weekend lol

i don't think it's too early...the longer the season, the better, IMO.

i've gone the route of the fake tree the last few years (something i swore i would never do) with the baby in the house and we've decorated the day after turkey day.

kind of a fun tradition.

You would not even get the oil and water to mix, Best thing is to throw an aspirin in there, Works on trees just like humans, Opens up the veins so the tree absorbs more water.........

I thought the oil would provide some sort of coating on the trunk of the tree..I don't know. I just make sure it has a fresh cut at the bottom and keep watering it. Keep it simple.

Archived