Toothache
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously 89 rounds??? Member?

That is what is called add-ick-shun

Yes, I am a member, Been at the same club for 26 yrs, I play at least 3 times a week plus league night, Tournaments every weekend, My oldest had 130 rounds but he also is a greenskeeper at the course so he plays almost everyday........ :thumbsup:

Seriously 89 rounds??? Member?

That is what is called add-ick-shun

What's wrong with that? lol I'm sure I'm in the region of that number as well. I know guys that play everyday. I know one guy that had 100 rounds by 4th of July. It's not an addiction, it's a way of life. You know what they say, "Some people play golf like it's a matter of life and death.... but it's way more important than that."

What's wrong with that? lol I'm sure I'm in the region of that number as well. I know guys that play everyday. I know one guy that had 100 rounds by 4th of July. It's not an addiction, it's a way of life. You know what they say, "Some people play golf like it's a matter of life and death.... but it's way more important than that."

A lot of people don't understand the game, They just think your chasing the white ball around, If i was a hack i probably would not enjoy it as much but i need to play that amount to stay sharp, It is kind of like riding a bike, But if i have a long layoff between rounds the short game is the part that really gets affected.......

A lot of people don't understand the game, They just think your chasing the white ball around, If i was a hack i probably would not enjoy it as much but i need to play that amount to stay sharp, It is kind of like riding a bike, But if i have a long layoff between rounds the short game is where it gets really affected.......

golf is a great past time/ sport. played many years in fl (parents lived on course)

this year played a bunch in stoneham. tewksbury. and even a tournament in bramber valley (greenland, nh) long drive champ FTW . bout 12 times out. For me to get my scores down from 89-94...into low 80's....i just need to spend an hour every other day with a bucket of balls and chip just off the green (fringe to 20 yrds out) then put from medium range ...if i only had the time.

Nothing wrong with that. Surprised you can find the time. What does a round usually take? 2-3 hours? I could swing it, since I am unemployed most summers. But that would really be hard for many folks I would think.

So Pete, you golf 89 days, ski 50 days... that' a pretty full schedule!

golf is a great past time/ sport. played many years in fl (parents lived on course)

this year played a bunch in stoneham. tewksbury. and even a tournament in bramber valley (greenland, nh) long drive champ FTW . bout 12 times out.

Yeah, great past time.

I can drive the ball, use my wedges, and putt, but my iron game blows so I'm kind of in limbo between a hack and decent.

this year played a bunch in stoneham. tewksbury. and even a tournament in bramber valley (greenland, nh) long drive champ FTW . bout 12 times out.

My boy can hit it, He usually wins most of our tourneys for long drive, He also eagles a lot of par 4's cause he can drive them, He hits a nice draw, Very humbling game, Just when you think you got it, The next day its gone, Can shoot the same score but will never have the exact same round........

Nothing wrong with that. Surprised you can find the time. What does a round usually take? 2-3 hours? I could swing it, since I am unemployed most summers. But that would really be hard for many folks I would think.

Well that all depends on the course and the crowd and your skill level, We can play a 4 some at our course in less the 4 hrs, Typically 3 1/2 but the 3 others i play with 3 of us are single digit handicapps and the other is a 10 so we are not hitting a ton of shots or looking for balls very often....

My boy can hit it, He usually wins most of our tourneys for long drive, He also eagles a lot of par 4's cause he can drive them, He hits a nice draw, Very humbling game, Just when you think you got it, The next day its gone, Can shoot the same score but will never have the exact same round........

how tall is your son? sometimes i wish i had my brothers height (6'2) when it relates to long drives and home runs ( i still get friends together for "home run derby's" thou i usually have as good a shot as anyone)

how tall is your son? sometimes i wish i had my brothers height (6'2) when it relates to long drives and home runs ( i still get friends together for "home run derby's" thou i usually have as good a shot as anyone)

He is 6'2" but he also 260lbs, He is a 3 handicap as well, But he works out and is not on the small side, He has fractured the face on 3 drivers in the last 3 years, His swing speed is around 120 mph, Needless to say his shafts are X100

Work hard, play hard. The physical aspect of golf isn't that tough it's the mental part. They say golf is the only sport where your most feared opponent is yourself. I can get really into doing well and the pressure to perform gives me a little bit of a kick.However, I'm a total adrenaline junkie and skiing is the best way I know to feed my addiction. Getting very windy here now.

Work hard, play hard. The physical aspect of golf isn't that tough it's the mental part. They say golf is the only sport where your most feared opponent is yourself. I can get really into doing well and the pressure to perform gives me a little bit of a kick.However, I'm a total adrenaline junkie and skiing is the best way I know to feed my addiction. Getting very windy here now.

The real golf game is played between the ears.........

I don't know that area well, but I think we were down that way over the weekend. Nice area.

Nice that you're down to 46--we're at 48.3 here. Have recorded a 22mph gust so far.

not very windy here yet. Unless im just not hearing it. Maybe becasue im next to a mountain.

We are just beyond the greenfield swimming pool about 1.5 miles.

The real golf game is played between the ears.........

Starting to be able to shape the ball with a little more proficiency. Today was the last day of my 3rd season. Down to an 8 or 9 handicap, started this season around 13 or 14. So many nuances to master. Putting has been the key to success. Still, the guys I'm usually golfing with are scratch golfers so as soon as I feel like I've got it I'll see them shoot a 68 which lets me know I'm still a rank amateur. Next year though........

i find it pretty easy to keep my cool but it's not like i'm playing for big money out there either. Nerves of steel is what made tiger woods the best ever for a 6-8 year period. If it was sunday and he was in the lead. GAME OVER. regardless of what you think of his actions off the course. the man in his hey day was so mentally tough and had such a strong mental belief system that he intimidated many others on the course. Other players just couldn't handle being in the lead if they knew they had tiger on their tail. It was to the point that they played at ease a shot or more behind him.....then being in the lead.

Starting to be able to shape the ball with a little more proficiency. Today was the last day of my 3rd season. Down to an 8 or 9 handicap, started this season around 13 or 14. So many nuances to master. Putting has been the key to success. Still, the guys I'm usually golfing with are scratch golfers so as soon as I feel like I've got it I'll see them shoot a 68 which lets me know I'm still a rank amateur. Next year though........

Its always good when you can get it to go where you want it to. You hit the nail on the head, Putting is the key along with the short game thats where you can save a lot of strokes and has ruined a lot of good players that could have been great if they could only putt, Nice to be in the fairway in 1 hitting the ball 280 yds but sucks to 3 jerk a putt from 15'...... :(

i find it pretty easy to keep my cool but it's not like i'm playing for big money out there either. Nerves of steel is what made tiger woods the best ever for a 6-8 year period. If it was sunday and he was in the lead. GAME OVER. regardless of what you think of his actions off the course. the man in his hey day was so mentally tough and had such a strong mental belief system that he intimidated many others on the course. Other players just couldn't handle being in the lead if they knew they had tiger on their tail. It was to the point that they played at ease a shot or more behind him.....then being in the lead.

Tiger was the man before his problems became public, I don't think he will ever be the player he was......

I don't know that area well, but I think we were down that way over the weekend. Nice area.

Nice that you're down to 46--we're at 48.3 here. Have recorded a 22mph gust so far.

Sounds like he's right down the road from me.

I'm working in 'Hamp right now so not sure what it's like imby but the fog when I left @ 4:30 was as thick as I've seen. Tough driving.

Its always good when you can get it to go where you want it to. You hit the nail on the head, Putting is the key along with the short game thats where you can save a lot of strokes and has ruined a lot of good players that could have been great if they could only putt, Nice to be in the fairway in 1 hitting the ball 280 yds but sucks to 3 jerk a putt from 15'...... :(

If I had a dollar for every time I did that exact same thing...

not very windy here yet. Unless im just not hearing it. Maybe becasue im next to a mountain.

We are just beyond the greenfield swimming pool about 1.5 miles.

Ha, you are right near me. We live just past where Plain Rd and Green River Rd come back together towards the pumping station.

We never get good winds in our neighborhood unless it's a T-storm or a strong Nor'Easter. Hills to the north and west blocking.

Archived