HAS TRENDED FARTHER NORTH AND STRONGER WITH THE SHORTWAVE BUT STILL

MISSES US. THE POTENTIAL SYSTEM OF INTEREST IS A CLOSED LOW WEST OF

THE BAJA CALIFORNIA AND MODELS ARE NOTORIOUS FOR HAVING FITS TRYING

TO HANDLE SOUTHWEST CUT OFF LOWS. WITH THIS CUT OFF LOW STILL OVER

THE RELATIVELY DATA SPARSE OCEAN WOULD ONLY EXPECT THIS TO BE EVEN

MORE THE CASE IN THIS SCENARIO. PROBABLY THE ONLY THING THAT I HAVE

MODERATELY HIGH CONFIDENCE IN REGARDING THE FORECAST NEXT WEEK AS

THIS STORM LIFTS OUT IS THAT THE MODELS ARE VERY LIKELY TO FLIP FLOP

AROUND WITH THE TRACK AND TIMING OVER AT LEAST THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS.

SO RATHER THAN IMITATING A DOG CHASING HIS TAIL (AND ENDING UP

CRUMBLING TO THE GROUND DIZZY) HAVE OPTED TO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO

THE GOING FORECAST MONDAY ONWARD. DAY SHIFT WILL HAVE A ENTIRE NEW

SUITE OF GUIDANCE AND OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE A GUESS AT WHAT MAY HAPPEN

NEXT WEEK.

IZZI

:lmao: Woke up missed every run last night and..............did not expect the Euro to look exactly like the GFS. This is a surprise...dont know how these storms are ever going to phase this winter in the MW. Im shocked while drinking my coffee right now

Storm Chances for SEMI=NONE!

I saw the BI wanted to name this storm. We have affectionately referred to it as the Jorge Storm in the TX/MX thread since he called it on January 17th...

wxmx user_popup.png

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

Conditions are ripe for a possible major winter storm for the Sern states, including TX. If we can tap some of the cold Canadian air and build a sizeable dome of high pressure over the Rockies(1040+mb), and a nice storm (cutoff low?) over MX, then parts of Deep south and SE TX can get in the game. Euro and Canadian are close, but there's relatively little cold air @ day 10, which I find a little absurd due to the 576+mb ridge over Cali/Oregon and ample cold in Canada.

:lmao: Woke up missed every run last night and..............did not expect the Euro to look exactly like the GFS. This is a surprise...dont know how these storms are ever going to phase this winter in the MW. Im shocked while drinking my coffee right now

Storm Chances for SEMI=NONE!

:/facepalm.png

I saw the BI wanted to name this storm. We have affectionately referred to it as the Jorge Storm in the TX/MX thread since he called it on January 17th...

Hoosier wasn't game--but the Jorge Storm sounds cool.

Apparently Ji came over to central/western and saw my request to name it the "Hoosier" storm--and he has since started his own "Hoosier" storm in the MA region.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/11326-tracking-the-hoosier-storm-next-week/

Good to see the crazy UnKle has got its groove back. :lol: Seems like it hasn't been too over zealous with its epic la la land bombs much this winter. And yes before anyone accuses me of it, this is just eye candy, I'm not calling for this solution to pan out. :unsure:

Yup, it's eye candy.

Hoosier wasn't game--but the Jorge Storm sounds cool.

Apparently Ji came over to central/western and saw my request to name it the "Hoosier" storm--and he has since started his own "Hoosier" storm in the MA region.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/11326-tracking-the-hoosier-storm-next-week/

Ji has pulled for no snow for the Midwest for a long time. Even going back to the WWBB days circa 2000 and probably before, he roots hard (and mocks us) for busted snowstorms in this region. His thread is not surprising. :lol:

Ji has pulled for no snow for the Midwest for a long time. Even going back to the WWBB days circa 2000 and probably before, he roots hard (and mocks us) for busted snowstorms in this region. His thread is not surprising. :lol:

go troll a MA thread and see how long it takes for ian or one of those mods to 5 post suspend you. Meanwhile ji pops in here all the time trolling and....well you know....

go troll a MA thread and see how long it takes for ian or one of those mods to 5 post suspend you. Meanwhile ji pops in here all the time trolling and....well you know....

Oh I know...he's protected for whatever reason. Nevertheless, I don't want to taint "Hoosier's storm" thread with Ji nonsense. :)

What's the JMA got for this one? :guitar::lol:

one thing about the i-95 area, especially the MA.

their snow fall lasts about as long as a 16 yr old boy in the sack with a victorias secret model.

Hell we've seemed to have a perma snowcover here this winter.

You know, I was thinking the same thing last night. Look back in early December when we got a measly 3-4 inches. It hung around long enough to give us a white Christmas!

their snow fall lasts about as long as a 16 yr old boy in the sack with a victorias secret model.

:lol: So true. Thats why unlike many Im LOVING this winter for its constant snowcover and nickel and dimes with a few quarters and half dollars thrown in.

Places CT and Mass has a huge Snowcover. With very little melting.

Grr

MODEL AGREEMENT HAS MARKEDLY IMPROVED TONIGHT AS THE 00Z EURO HAS

FINALLY GIVEN UP ON THE IDEA OF A SHARP WESTERN CONUS TROUGH AND

SOUTHEAST RIDGE DEVELOPING NEXT WEEK AND NO LONGER TAKES A SFC LOW

ACROSS LOWER MICHIGAN. SO THE WINTER STORM IT WAS SHOWING FOR EARLY

NEXT WEEK IS NOW SHUNTED FAR SOUTH IN A MORE ZONAL FLOW...AS THE GFS

HAS BEEN SHOWING THE PAST FEW DAYS.

ALTHOUGH THIS IMPLIES LESS SNOW...IT ALSO IMPLIES MORE COLD AS

ARCTIC AIR DOMINATES THE CENTRAL GREAT LAKES WITH 850MB TEMPS SHOWN

BY BOTH MODELS TO BE IN THE MINUS 15 TO 20C RANGE BY TUESDAY.

Story of the winter, cold domination.

Archived