Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of January/early February storm potential part 2

Hoosier

The GFS ends up further NW in the end.

Meh, you can see pretty early on in the run, it won't be good for our area. By hour 48 it's obvious the two storms aren't going to phase enough to lead to a favorable height field out east. We need the GFS and now Euro to trend hard towards the NAM inside 48hrs, after that it's too late.

48hr GFS

gfs_500_048m.gif

48hrs NAM

nam_500_048m.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weenie suicide alert if the gfs verifies for them again

Sad thing is if you told me it was going to snow 22 out of 27 days here and SNE was having an epic January I would have for sure thought we've had at least a couple Toledo cutters. Gotta enjoy the clippers because that's all the snow we got and I am enjoying them..

Meh, you can see pretty early on in the run, it won't be good for our area. By hour 48 it's obvious the two storms aren't going to phase enough to lead to a favorable height field out east. We need the GFS and now Euro to trend hard towards the NAM inside 48hrs, after that it's too late.

48hr GFS

Still a novice when looking at 500 vort and charts but are we looking for the storm to phase with the North arrow or the South arrow, Thanks

post-1702-0-85768800-1296146162.gif

Sad thing is if you told me it was going to snow 22 out of 27 days here and SNE was having an epic winter January I would have for sure thought we've had at least a couple Toledo cutters. Gotta enjoy the clippers because that's all the snow we got and I am enjoying them..

Eh its not bad. Minny has 60 inches NYC has 60 Hartford has 70 and boston is close to the same. We can still catch them!:weight_lift:

lol if this ends up being another east coast storm.

Bow, how much did you get with the clipper this morning?

I don't know how much we ended up with here, but according to NWS, some areas have approached 3 inches in SE Wisconsin. I'm guessing Racine, Kenosha, and Walworth counties saw the most based on the radar images.

Still a novice when looking at 500 vort and charts but are we looking for the storm to phase with the North arrow or the South arrow, Thanks

It's easier to see here at hour 60. That Pac storm on the GFS is weaker and never comes close to phasing with the northern piece which passes seperately down into the conus, which kills the height field and will stop anything from amplifying. The NAM is much strong, phasing the two vorts together.

It's easier to see here at hour 60. That Pac storm on the GFS is weaker and never comes close to phasing with the northern piece which passes seperately down into the conus, which kills the height field and will stop anything from amplifying. The NAM is much strong, phasing the two vorts together.

Gotcha. Thanks for the input.

I don't know how much we ended up with here, but according to NWS, some areas have approached 3 inches in SE Wisconsin. I'm guessing Racine, Kenosha, and Walworth counties saw the most based on the radar images.

eyeballing 2" maybe a tad more. Clippers haven't busted on the low side at least this month. Wish we could get in to the 2nd clipper a little more but this little bit should help the trails and its good to hear south of me might have got a little more because that's the area we will be riding this weekend,

In the end, i think we'll know within 24hrs if those two will play ball and if not, there won't be much use tracking this thing for our region.

Even if they dont phase, is there a chance the southern storm still intensifies and tracks up the apps or possibly phases with the northern stream again or will the northern stream act as a kicker again and make it move more east.

Even if they dont phase, is there a chance the southern storm still intensifies and tracks up the apps or possibly phases with the northern stream again or will the northern stream act as a kicker again and make it move more east.

I think we'll be safely too far north if we don't get some kind of phase.

Good to see the crazy UnKle has got its groove back. :lol: Seems like it hasn't been too over zealous with its epic la la land bombs much this winter. And yes before anyone accuses me of it, this is just eye candy, I'm not calling for this solution to pan out. :unsure:

Anyone got a QPF for that? The sites I see only have it through hour 72.

Ehh can't forget that the Gem showed an apps runner for us with this current system, and was pretty insistant in giving OH people snow up til 2 or 3 days out then went coastal. Needless to say I'm not a huge fan of the ggem right now lol..

It's not the same field of play at all and i'm really not that interested in anything beyond 60 hrs right now.

Ehh can't forget that the Gem showed an apps runner for us with this current system, and was pretty insistant in giving OH people snow up til 2 or 3 days out then went coastal. Needless to say I'm not a huge fan of the ggem right now lol..

It was pretty close to affecting ohio so it wasnt too far off with the initial wave inland.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Tele-Connections favor a more inland track for this storm not another coastal. If I am betting man I would bet there is better chance of this LOW going west of me as opposed to being a coastal.

Others on this board like teleconnections a lot more than i do, at this point i don't see the need to dwell on them when its clear who the major players are and what happens if and when they interact.

Like Alek and Baro said before, we'll know how this will play out in the next 24 hours which is going to be really nice. NAM/GEM would have a cutter, while the GFS is suppressed.

It's not gonna be like other storms where we are going to have to wait until a few days before the system arrives before we have a general idea on where this is going to go.

Like Alek and Baro said before, we'll know how this will play out in the next 24 hours which is going to be really nice. NAM/GEM would have a cutter, while the GFS is suppressed.

It's not gonna be like other storms where we are going to have to wait until a few days before the system arrives before we have a general idea on where this is going to go.

While it reduces our chances of a big storm significantly, I still think if it doesn't phase it could meet up with the northern piece again or the northern wave could kick it east and supress it.

Archived