joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of January/early February storm potential part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the same field of play at all and i'm really not that interested in anything beyond 60 hrs right now.

We agree there. Can't really trust or discount any solution at this point.. Could be a lakes cutter, and apps runner or another pos that lags a riece back that transfers to the coast for another MECS.. It's all on the table still.. Wrt this winter.. Id say mecs has the best odds right now.

Others on this board like teleconnections a lot more than i do, at this point i don't see the need to dwell on them when its clear who the major players are and what happens if and when they interact.

they're good to diagnose a pattern or forecast for an extended period but when it comes down to phasing, and cyclogenesis for a given storm they don't really contribute. They are a nice thing to look at and just another tool in the tool box but they don't make or break a storm.

Like Alek and Baro said before, we'll know how this will play out in the next 24 hours which is going to be really nice. NAM/GEM would have a cutter, while the GFS is suppressed.

It's not gonna be like other storms where we are going to have to wait until a few days before the system arrives before we have a general idea on where this is going to go.

We'll know if we have something to track, not where. IF we get the phase, then it become low over ORD or CMH.

they're good to diagnose a pattern or forecast for an extended period but when it comes down to phasing, and cyclogenesis for a given storm they don't really contribute. They are a nice thing to look at and just another tool in the tool box but they don't make or break a storm.

Thanks, that's kind of how i feel, but you put it much better.

holy crap.... :wub: :wub: :wub:

We've got a couple monster solutions on the field right now. Hands down the most explosive potential of the season right now. I'll be watching the Pac NW closely to see how things unfold over the next 12-24.

Step 1: Get a phase and avoid gulf suppression

Step 2: Avoid a congrats Madison rain scenario.

Looks like it's in NW Ohio or extreme SE MI.

Hard to tell.

ukie would be a wild storm for us even though it wouldn't be all snow. As soon as that low got to that position at 144 your talking massive winds and a rapid changeover. Of course if its not that strong then its more of a typical rain to snowshower event.

one thing for sure....ukie loves bombing over cleveland, haven't seen it do it in awhile though.

That UKMET image had me think 1978... LOL....I am not sure what that track was.... That kind of track would be pretty good over here in western Ohio. What will the King do? Man oh man I say a low track near Indianapolis which means rain here. We'll see...

that was more of a track from straight out of the south to between cmh and zanesville right up to cle

That UKMET image had me think 1978... LOL....I am not sure what that track was.... That kind of track would be pretty good over here in western Ohio. What will the King do? Man oh man I say a low track near Indianapolis which means rain here. We'll see...

im sticking with something similar to what it showed last night.

Archived