northernriwx
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stamford

I'd estimate theres about 4" out there, no way to accurately measure now

There seems to be a bit less in Shelton.... but it doesn't look anywhere near 4 inches. Rates have been pretty inconsistent in the last hour or so after the first inital thump. It seems a couple miles in this storm will mean a big difference. Of course with the pack that we have. This storm is gravy! :snowman:

you got it...think im gonna start hitting the scotch early today thumbsupsmileyanim.gifdrunk.gifguitar.gif

Did you go to Keyfood yet? The heavy snow with that batch seems to be focused more towards Farmingdale-Massapequa-Lindenhurst, Babylon, Bayshore, Islip. We have a few members from that area I'd love to see reports from (better yet-- PICS!)

Just an FYI regarding winter snowfall to date for NYC.

Through 1/25/2011, seasonal snowfall stood at 37.1", tied for 5th with 2003-04. This morning's snowfall pushed NYC past 2003-04. If NYC has a storm total snowfall of 7.9", its seasonal snowfall to date would surpass the record of 44.9" that fell during the October 1947-January 1948 timeframe.

Did you go to Keyfood yet? The heavy snow with that batch seems to be focused more towards Farmingdale-Massapequa-Lindenhurst, Babylon, Bayshore, Islip. We have a few members from that area I'd love to see reports from (better yet-- PICS!)

i did...went at 11am

Archived