• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS

earthlight

Light snow here now. We had some sleet mixed for a few minutes earlier. I suspect thats not the last of the sleet for the daylight hours.

We've managed to miss most of the heavier stuff that has favored some, and have eeked out 2.3" so far today. On the bright side, the current snow depth is up to 15" and todays snowfall brings the January total to 27.1", which is the most I've seen in 16 Januarys (the old record was 26.6" in 1996). We may be able to eclipse last February's 33.1" for the month, which would make January our snowiest month.

Seasonal total is 39.8" as of 1PM.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow just when i thought things were about to die down for this afternoon, we have a mega band reforming over I-95!!

where in C NJ?

also- Craig Allen on facebook.

Craig Allen On-Air IncFeel free to keep commenting on the previous post. Love to hear what the public thinks when things go awry like this morning. However, it has stopped here on the south shore of L.I. and much of NJ as of this writing...just some light sleet and plain drizzle.

Part2 is yet to come, this evening and tonight. As was originally feared in the original forecast, it is looking BIG. A stormy winter's night for sure.

bodes well??? who is this guy??? :snowman: im really liking where we are (we being nyc-LI) for the ccb tonight.

if you go back and read some of posts around the negative ones...I felt this had the potential to be huge (which was why I got negative last night....would have been disappointed)

SPC WRF from hour 12-18:

today_6h_f18.gif

Hours 18-24

today_6h_f24.gif

11pm tonight:

mx1000refd_f16.gif

for C Nj and LI that is an additional 12-15"....CAVEAT- as I usually do, i look for something that can screw things up- is anyone else worried aboyt the temps between 600-750mbs? looks less than i deal for snow growth

where in C NJ?

also- Craig Allen on facebook.

Craig Allen On-Air IncFeel free to keep commenting on the previous post. Love to hear what the public thinks when things go awry like this morning. However, it has stopped here on the south shore of L.I. and much of NJ as of this writing...just some light sleet and plain drizzle.

Part2 is yet to come, this evening and tonight. As was originally feared in the original forecast, it is looking BIG. A stormy winter's night for sure.

What does he mean by this? Does he mean more snow than originally forecast or a bigger storm?

qualify that comment- harder than nothing...but still very little thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

and better than the sleet and/or rain others are getting :thumbsup::snowman::arrowhead:

I still cant figure out how we've managed to hold onto the snow while the north shore and manhattan has gone over to sleet and freezing rain.

and better than the sleet and/or rain others are getting :thumbsup::snowman::arrowhead:

I still cant figure out how we've managed to hold onto the snow while the north shore and manhattan has gone over to sleet and freezing rain.

i still cant believe that we got 3" of unforecast snow...and some areas got 5 or 6"

Archived