northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So....When willl sw nass cnty (ala ALEX territory and mine) experience the worst of tonight's event?

It would be phonemal if there was NO lull or mix to speak of and it quits at 6AM tomm moring...it would be almost a 24 hour event.

I do believe there will be light PL or FZRA during the period 1pm or 2pm-5pm or so before heavier precipitation moves back in.

I'd have to assume that (I'm not in Long Beach right now), but here in Manhattan where I am it's coming down pretty hard. I'll be home early though so hopefully we're rocking all night with part II.

i just shoveled and in woodmere we had just over 2" but its gotten heavier since i finished 20 mins ago

Wow, "a bit"?

I don't see how any of us get less than 8" unless the second batch really fizzles. 12" is a better estimate given how it looks now.

that's just my wording but you get the idea...:P

that was channel 61, the weather update every two minutes, and yeah they were saying we might see the higher end of the forecast...

i'm not sure about what rich hoffman was saying this morning, however...

Wow, "a bit"?

I don't see how any of us get less than 8" unless the second batch really fizzles. 12" is a better estimate given how it looks now.

Yeah I think the 4-8 inches range is on the low side now, thinking your figure of 12 inches may well be a good middle ground of whats likely IMO.

anyone take a look at water vapor imagery? there is a strong short wave trof coming down from the great lakes and it is much further SE than any model has it. It looks like it could phase with the srn stream system. that would be interesting indeed.

i still have a suspicion that this outdoes (in my area) the dec storm in terms of accums....

I was observing this thread last night and noticed some poster trying to downplay the storm and said he would quit his job if NYC saw over 6 inches from this storm. The problem was several posters took the bait and tried to debate him. To give you guys some words of wisdom...

i do not think he was a troll at all. He stated a logical case and it was his opinion...

i still have a suspicion that this outdoes (in my area) the dec storm in terms of accums....

this could very well be the number 3 storm for me this year and outside chance at number 2 although i doubt it.. need over 15" for that.. but more importantly for all of us this will bring us between 60-80" of snow in exactly one month since dec 26th absolutely rediculous never could of imagined this in my wildest dreams!!.. 80" in 30 days possibly in south central ct who got 30" from jan 12 and will get 12"+ today

I do believe there will be light PL or FZRA during the period 1pm or 2pm-5pm or so before heavier precipitation moves back in.

SG, when will this first part wind down? From what youre saying, Im getting that it will stay snow as long as the rates are decent and will mix once it really lightens up.

Archived