Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
End of January "clipper" threat

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need this clipper to move further south to get into some good snows, if its stays to the north as advertised right now, I honestly dont see any accumulating snowfall.. just some gusty winds and very little lake effect, the winds might be the right trajectory but unfortunately the stronger winds tend to cut down on l/e especially form l/h.. Never materializes anyways.

100 Miles more south and were in the game for 3-6 inches. Right now its 1-2 inches.

Looks like there may be a chance this clipper keeps its energy together and drops some decent snow. From what I read a strong clipper would supress future storms? Isn't that the case with any storm that can drop significant snow on the midwest and great lakes? If its strong enough it brings in the colder air, reinforces the block and most likely supresses the next storm. Thats probably why it's so hard to get back to back storms. Or maybe a midwest track wont reinforce the block and I am just used to seeing ec storms reinforce the block.

The breakdown into multiple waves is the reality here. There is some hope the models are off on the strength of the upper tropospheric wave--hence the hugely varying solutions between models and the run-by-run shifts. NAM would be way better than the crappy GFS--I am holding out small hope since the detail of the upper tropospheric wave amplitude is a small but major detail. Still another wasted threat overall. Hopefully we can salvage something. CMichweather is already pouring the shots.

Lol, yeah it's the GFS madness. Remember 10 days ago when the gffs advertised storm after storm for us? we got b.s lol, I'm taking the gfs with a grain of salt.

Meh, not the worse scenario in the world. Looks like at least a couple of inches from each. Inch by inch working my way to wonderful winter. Big one would make it spectacular, but like roardog said, if this keeps up it's going to be hard to complain.

Meh, not the worse scenario in the world. Looks like at least a couple of inches from each. Inch by inch working my way to wonderful winter. Big one would make it spectacular, but like roardog said, if this keeps up it's going to be hard to complain.

This has gone from a great looking clipper to a crap clipper pretty fast for Ottawa.

The breakdown into multiple waves is the reality here. There is some hope the models are off on the strength of the upper tropospheric wave--hence the hugely varying solutions between models and the run-by-run shifts. NAM would be way better than the crappy GFS--I am holding out small hope since the detail of the upper tropospheric wave amplitude is a small but major detail. Still another wasted threat overall. Hopefully we can salvage something. CMichweather is already pouring the shots.

CMichweather has a shot with the CRAS :lol:...seriously though, very disappointed...i was pumped up for the wind/ground blizzard potential with this thing.:thumbsdown:

post-252-0-63053000-1295933358.gif

CMichweather has a shot with the CRAS :lol:...seriously though, very disappointed...i was pumped up for the wind/ground blizzard potential with this thing.:thumbsdown:

The CRAS makes the NOGAPS seem like the ECMWF.

If the CRAS verifies Cmichweather will be taking celebratory shots while Stebo and Hoosier fly to GFK to break some kneecaps.

Archived