Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
End of January "clipper" threat

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can get it to track further south we could be looking at a very compact but heavy snow threat. Kind of like new years a few years ago

I loved that little storm, it was a nightmare trying to get a ride home from the bars that night but i got to see thundersnow and listening to all the people at the bar shocked at how hard it was snowing was awesome. People we actually interested in the weather that night.

I loved that little storm, it was a nightmare trying to get a ride home from the bars that night but i got to see thundersnow and listening to all the people at the bar shocked at how hard it was snowing was awesome. People we actually interested in the weather that night.

Yea well I would have liked it more if the heavy bands didnt setup 30 miles to my NW. We got 7 inches but 16 just to my north. Was a sweet storm no doubt.

BTW where did that storm originate from?

I don't know what to make out of the GGEM, it seems there are separate pieces of energies instead of once nice consolidated, strong system. So there are waves of light snow.

Hopefully they dont break apart and we get one decently strong storm. It's time for a storm to stay together for once! Come a bit south and dig right along I-80 and we have a good start to our backloaded winter! Going to bed on that note.

I'm glad the Euro isn't smoking what the GFS is re: the brutal cold spilling right overhead and screwing up any decent storm chances. IMO this thing should feel free to scoot harmlessly well north.

Yep, I'm on that train. My eyes remain focused down the road. Good luck to those up north with this one. :snowman:

Yep, I'm on that train. My eyes remain focused down the road. Good luck to those up north with this one. :snowman:

Yeah.. I don't and wont pass up any shot at something half decent around here and thus would gladly take yesterdays 12z euro. I'll pass on everything the 00z runs showed. The 00z runs equall more of the same as far as the clipper goes and everything beyond. No thanks. The 12z euro atleast offered up a decent LES potential via the close off ( traps needed moisture for west/wnw flow events off MI ) and stronger storm.

Yeah.. I don't and wont pass up any shot at something half decent around here and thus would gladly take yesterdays 12z euro. I'll pass on everything the 00z runs showed. The 00z runs equall more of the same as far as the clipper goes and everything beyond. No thanks. The 12z euro atleast offered up a decent LES potential via the close off ( traps needed moisture for west/wnw flow events off MI ) and stronger storm.

Truth be told, I have about zero chance with this one...so it's easier for me to "punt away". You certainly still have a better than fair chance with it. What follows is guess work right now. At least the Euro wasn't stupid suppressed like the GFS with the second piece. Eh, lots of time to sort everything out.

Truth be told, I have about zero chance with this one...so it's easier for me to "punt away". You certainly still have a better than fair chance with it. What follows is guess work right now. At least the Euro wasn't stupid suppressed like the GFS with the second piece. Eh, lots of time to sort everything out.

I hear you. I myself will take anything BUT more blocking crap. Ofcourse that works better for you guys so i can see why you all don't mind it as much. meh.. See what happens as you say. I have already been beat down into a hole with this winter and so whatever happens happens.

Archived