Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
End of January "clipper" threat

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of a clipper--probably the mother of clippers though since it would trash most others. Looks like a Saskatchewan Screamer Clipper. Either way it is pretty sick as modeled. I don't care about snow--I want the wind pain.

Reminds me a bit of Jan 2005 super clipper except this is further north as it passes here. Oh and you can have the winds. I'll take the snow. :popcorn:

I thought it couldn't qualify because it's closed off aloft.

Yeah it is real close--but for most of its life it is a very sharp S/W/open wave then it closes off over the lakes and turns into a full blown tropospheric deep cyclone. A lot do that eventually though. If you watch most of the better clippers--they go full blown cyclone at some point--usually over the ocean. This is close enough here. I just like the wind threat. I would admit snow would be nice down here with the wind--but it looks unlikely with that wave track.

Kind of a clipper--probably the mother of clippers though since it would trash most others. Looks like a Saskatchewan Screamer Clipper. Either way it is pretty sick as modeled. I don't care about snow--I want the wind pain.

Ottawa Blizzard mentioned that he was out for a leisurely skate on the Rideau Canal early this morning (-40F windchill),:arrowhead:

You guys would work well together.

For once there is a even snow pack here... If its going to be windy hopefully its enough to bring foot plus drifts across driveway. Back in 2007/8 winter had 2.5' drifts across the drive after only a couple inches of snow.. That was sweet.

yeah its kinda wierd.....a lot of folks are building a pack it seems if im not mistaken.

its a throwback winter in that regard....

FSD already mentioning possible ground blizzard next weekend

COLD AIR SURGE IS AIDED BY SOME VERY STRONG WINDS

ALOFT...WITH 40-50 KNOTS OF WINDS PROGGED AT 925 HPA DEPENDING ON

WHICH MODEL (RUN) IS PREFERRED. REGARDLESS...WITH STRONG COLD AIR

ADVECTION AND BRISK WINDS ALOFT...APPEARS AS THOUGH A WIND ADVISORY

IS A NEAR CERTAINTY ON FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY WITH THE

POTENTIAL FOR A HIGH WIND WARNING. UNCERTAIN AS TO HOW MUCH MELTING

WILL OCCUR THIS WEEK...BUT IF A STRONG CRUST IS NOT ABLE TO DEVELOP

ON CURRENT SNOW COVER...COULD SEE GROUND BLIZZARD CONDITIONS DEVELOP

NEXT WEEKEND.

The farther S shift--in terms of wind potential--is significant owing to the blocking effects of the Rockies and the "tunneling" and the decreased wind channel between the low level cyclone and the Continental Divide.

Great way to kill what might otherwise be a extremely good LES set up. So if thats the case i am hoping for further south. :scooter:

Ottawa Blizzard mentioned that he was out for a leisurely skate on the Rideau Canal early this morning (-40F windchill),:arrowhead:

You guys would work well together.

i don't really like the wind, just the cold. i just feel the cold has played a very important role in ensuring the health of those of us in Canada and the northern US. We don't get tropical diseases and massive insects like they do in places that are hot year round. We don't get killer snakes or poisonous spiders like they do in Australia.

I figured it wouldn't take long for someone from MI to chime in. :lol: Obviously a great storm for you guys. Would be sweet for you all if something similar could happen again with this clipper.

That would be a dream, but I'm under no pretense that that would be the case. ATM, looks like a 2-4" event for someone, with more to the north of the low, as some previous GFS solutions had a bad of .5+ QPF in CA.

i don't really like the wind, just the cold. i just feel the cold has played a very important role in ensuring the health of those of us in Canada and the northern US. We don't get tropical diseases and massive insects like they do in places that are hot year round. We don't get killer snakes or poisonous spiders like they do in Australia.

:lol:

i definitely hate that kind of stuff,

i agree that a cold climate is healthier.

Archived