Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
MW/GL/OV February 2011 discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lost over 2 inches of cover today, and are now down to about 11". That's down from 18" a little over a week ago. The snow looks pretty nasty already. What's interesting is now that we've removed a little cover you can see areas where twigs, leaves, and other debris drifted along with the snow. Just shows how strong the winds were during the height of the blizzard.

BTW we're still holding at 36, so the melting continues even at this late hour.

Gut instinct as well as teleconnections lead me to believe this. Especially the first week or two of March. After that it's a bit of a crapshoot. Haven't had a snowfall of 4" or more after March 15th since 1998. lol.

Wow are you overdue in that department! We have had several

4"+ Post-March 15th snowstorms since 1998 imby:

March 25/26, 2002: 8.0"

April 7, 2003: 5.0"

March 16/17, 2004: 5.9"

April 23-25, 2005: 8.0"

March 21/22, 2008: 6.8"

March 27/28, 2008: 5.0"

April 5/6, 2009: 4.6"

close calls:

March 16/17, 2001: 3.5"

March 23, 2005: 3.5"

Hey if it ends now..Bring on the spring weather and the chase season.

Im no expert but I would be shocked to see this winter just go poof! Even the long range GFS shows a story of a winter battleground roller coaster.

It won't go poof, after this warm up it'll be below normal for a while until another longwave can knock down that western ridge.

Today on the trails was living proof why Illanoy folks get a bad rap.. Along with the Cheese Whiz locals its an amazing feat we have the epic snowmobiling trails we do right out of MKE County and state wide. Hats off to the clubs that have to deal with the throttle punching junkies in every corner and wannabe Blair Morgans that have to go off trail to hit the drifts almost 2 weeks after the blizzard.. Amazing I didn't end up in jail knocking sense into FIBS or getting run over by them.. What a useless fooking state out of the overrated chicago.

Time to curl up in a ball and except the torch in a corner. Temp was actually warmer when we got home tonight than all day.. Its going to look ugly next sat boys and girls.. I Guess the Warminista's who are supposed winter weenies that endorse this torch with no winter hobbies can just sit inside and twiddle their pecker to brown frozen grass and models dreaming of Severe weather that's months off come next weekend.

Today on the trails was living proof why Illanoy folks get a bad rap.. Along with the Cheese Whiz locals its an amazing feat we have the epic snowmobiling trails we do right out of MKE County and state wide. Hats off to the clubs that have to deal with the throttle punching junkies in every corner and wannabe Blair Morgans that have to go off trail to hit the drifts almost 2 weeks after the blizzard.. Amazing I didn't end up in jail knocking sense into FIBS or getting run over by them.. What a useless fooking state out of the overrated chicago.

Time to curl up in a ball and except the torch in a corner. Temp was actually warmer when we got home tonight than all day.. Its going to look ugly next sat boys and girls.. I Guess the Warminista's who are supposed winter weenies that endorse this torch with no winter hobbies can just sit inside and twiddle their pecker to brown frozen grass and models dreaming of Severe weather that's months off come next weekend.

You have a way with words! And this is SO true...

NICE! :gun_bandana::thumbsup:

Bow-

I was out on a sled yesterday afternoon. A Polaris Trail (2up) something or another...2 cyl/500 ... Not a bad sled for $800... Looks almost new. I think it was a '95. I could get it up to about 50mph on a path that was already laid, but if you went off into the cornfields, it would only go about 40. My brother and I took a long ride across some huge cornfields and up some logging roads, through some CRP and across a couple of county roads! It was awesome. I was soaking wet by the time we got back. We almost tipped it once and I swear we went airbone. There is some MAJOR snow depth in those cornfields. If you would stop, you had a hard time getting going again. If you kept her cranked, it was fine. I want one!

I can see why so many people die on snowmobiles!

Bow-

You should move to N MN or UP of Michigan? Better trail riding/longer periods of time then SE Wi... Even here in La Crosse, if you stud the track, you can run ANYWHErE on the lake/river... I could probably take a sled right now from my driveway to Winona without much effort. Guys are WALKING! across the main channel of the Mississippi River right now below the lock and dam. Those guys are insane.

Bow-

You should move to N MN or UP of Michigan? Better trail riding/longer periods of time then SE Wi... Even here in La Crosse, if you stud the track, you can run ANYWHErE on the lake/river... I could probably take a sled right now from my driveway to Winona without much effort. Guys are WALKING! across the main channel of the Mississippi River right now below the lock and dam. Those guys are insane.

The sledding is very good up here in N MN. Depths of 30" inland of the lake. Even by the lake you see sleds riding by all the time.

Archived