• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
MW/GL/OV February 2011 discussion

Hoosier

Today on the trails was living proof why Illanoy folks get a bad rap.. Along with the Cheese Whiz locals its an amazing feat we have the epic snowmobiling trails we do right out of MKE County and state wide. Hats off to the clubs that have to deal with the throttle punching junkies in every corner and wannabe Blair Morgans that have to go off trail to hit the drifts almost 2 weeks after the blizzard.. Amazing I didn't end up in jail knocking sense into FIBS or getting run over by them.. What a useless fooking state out of the overrated chicago.

Time to curl up in a ball and except the torch in a corner. Temp was actually warmer when we got home tonight than all day.. Its going to look ugly next sat boys and girls.. I Guess the Warminista's who are supposed winter weenies that endorse this torch with no winter hobbies can just sit inside and twiddle their pecker to brown frozen grass and models dreaming of Severe weather that's months off come next weekend.

well put

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, even verbatim the 12z GFS is snow or sleet here

gfs_ten_192m.gif

But look at that Atlantic vortex. If a more prominent -NAO develops, which is weak and east based if it even exists on this run of the GFS, this system will trend colder. Overall though, we'll be in an active pattern, with storms affecting the region in rapid succession. You'll win some, and you'll lose some. But this pattern is not for those who love building up deep and sustained snow cover.

I'm not gonna say winter is over but I don't see anything really promising for the next week and beyond. I wouldn't be surprised if we're almost done with snow threats around here although we're still early enough that we can and probably will pull off another event or two. None of this applies farther north...only speaking for my area.

I'm not gonna say winter is over but I don't see anything really promising for the next week and beyond. I wouldn't be surprised if we're almost done with snow threats around here although we're still early enough that we can and probably will pull off another event or two. None of this applies farther north...only speaking for my area.

Ah the first call of winter cancel for LAF. Eh, I think Chad cancelled winter a few weeks ago, nonetheless...R.I.P. LAF winter 2010-11.

Yeah it's definitely not looking too great through the end of the month, but we all know how fast things can change. I'm sure there will be some events in March, but as time goes on it gets a little harder each week to get the quality arctic air needed for widespread snows. Every year's different though, so nothing would surprise me at this point.

Archived