Newest Member
    12bet1 net
MW/GL/OV February 2011 discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap... I totally forgot 2 things...

1. I saw a dude on a motorcycle drive through Riverside (first one this year)

2. A dude out by the mall had JUST shorts on, no shirt (stud).... he was running right along the highway...

People are nuts!

Snowmobile? Jet ski!

52 east of you this afternoon I seen.. Prob felt like summer after last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wM-K63hGgo&playnext=1&list=PL32AFEFA597338BA9

Yeah, the Sunday-Monday mini warmup I'll be fine with. Thursday-Friday is going to be a massacre though. A snowlocaust as buckeye would say.

Euro doesn't look all that bad for you compared to the beating we took today and will later. You stand the best chance by far of any of us not in northern WI or MN to have full snow cover yet.

Euro doesn't look all that bad for you compared to the beating we took today and will later. You stand the best chance by far of any of us not in northern WI or MN to have full snow cover yet.

dammit you're getting me excited. I don't know though. The only advantage I have is that I get backdoored by an arctic front for tomorrow and Tuesday which should limit additional snow melting to Wed-Thu-Fri. But the advantage you have is that because of that blizzard you're probably still knee deep. I'm only at 10-11".

Even though we still have about 10" of snow on the ground, you can already see a HUGE difference in the snow pack compared to right after the blizzard.

First is a pic right after the blizzard. The second is a pic just snapped a short while ago. The large drift in front of the neighbors garage has really collapsed.

post-613-0-77895200-1297660130.jpg

post-613-0-94543300-1297660198.jpg

Crap... I totally forgot 2 things...

1. I saw a dude on a motorcycle drive through Riverside (first one this year)

2. A dude out by the mall had JUST shorts on, no shirt (stud).... he was running right along the highway...

People are nuts!

Snowmobile? Jet ski!

COMON

The guy who was running had to burn off that Cinnabon he just ate at the mall.....

Even though we still have about 10" of snow on the ground, you can already see a HUGE difference in the snow pack compared to right after the blizzard.

First is a pic right after the blizzard. The second is a pic just snapped a short while ago. The large drift in front of the neighbors garage has really collapsed.

Nice avatar.

dammit you're getting me excited. I don't know though. The only advantage I have is that I get backdoored by an arctic front for tomorrow and Tuesday which should limit additional snow melting to Wed-Thu-Fri. But the advantage you have is that because of that blizzard you're probably still knee deep. I'm only at 10-11".

not sure what the depth is here as a lot of my snow is contaminated with snow blower snow too.. That's why I wanted to go out back and get some measurements but I didn't feel like climbing the big plow mounds to get back there. I doubt we have much more than a foot left after today. some spots will be higher im sure and some lower. Out my front door in the wind tunnel its down to grass in a small area... That poor area never stands a chance with a NE wind that howls in most storms and it gets raped in a torch facing SW.

Across the road it looks like they have dam near 2' left...

I think you can come out of this with snow left yet.. doesn't look like you get into the real warm stuff that gets into me and southern MI. GL though bro.

I second this.

we should do an over/under of our first chase day this season.

That's a tough question there. If we include the Plains/southern Midwest that only makes it even more difficult lol. For our immediate area I'd go with late March. That could bust really badly either way though depending on a number of factors. For instance, back in 2006 we had 3 great chase days in a row centered around March 11th.

The Youtube video, is that you? If so, wow what a crazy storm.

No, that's not me. I was living in Silvis IL at the time and watched the wall cloud and associated funnel clouds pass just to our west on the way north-northeast towards Cordova. I was only 13 at the time and was out in the neighborhood picking up hailstones with friends when we watched it pass by.

No, that's not me. I was living in Silvis IL at the time and watched the wall cloud and associated funnel clouds pass just to our west on the way north-northeast towards Cordova. I was only 13 at the time and was out in the neighborhood picking up hailstones with friends when we watched it pass by.

Still cool, just slightly less :P

20-21st.

Ok, after a quick analysis...it looks like the late week system in some aspects. Perhaps moisture return is a little better. There may be some potential and the system right on its heels (23rd) would probably have the best moisture of all but the latter would be more of an OV-southward threat on this run.

The anniversary of this is now less than a month away...

http://www.spc.noaa....0312/index.html

Also, another event less than a month away that I'll never forget.....

Obviously this is the Feb discussion thread, but can't resist to look even further ahead lol. :guitar:

That extremely long tracked supercell (even that word doesn't do it justice) on 3/12/06 was something to see. Watching it bear down on SPI was one of the more memorable moments of that outbreak.

Archived