Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
MW/GL/OV February 2011 discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another way to look at it is number of high risk OUTLOOKS per year as opposed to number of days. This can be pretty variable though...one year you might be in 3 or 4 outlooks (or more) and get nothing the next year.

The max might not be where you expect it. I think it might have to do with capping concerns being more frequent farther south but that's just a guess.

highriskclimo.png

more interesting things from Patrick Marsh:

http://www.patricktmarsh.com/2011/02

Alek, I recently searched for LAF's high risk days and I found 7 since 1990, so about 1 day every 3 years. It's probably about the same up that way. Haven't checked into moderate risks but I'd guess there are 2 or 3 days per year on average.

That sounds about right. I'd probably even consider a solid mod risk if it was for discrete twisters and not linear action. I just don't have the time to travel large distances for less that prime conditions.

Perfect track over me on the Euro to get La Crosse its 10"+ storm I said coming yet.. Next stop on the list a top 10 snowiest winter which will be a lock.

Not looking good for us in the south the next ten days on the Euro.. Yeah its fantasy land but once they go west they don't come back..and the pattern would support that i think. A lot of you have already moved on to spring mode already so it will be no biggie getting rain as the predominant form the rest of this winter/spring.

The stronger the first system is this week the more cold air it brings down, the better chance the next storm comes further south. One could argue that the weaker the storm this week is the further south it goes which could yield an even further south track with the next storm, but with the lack of cold air that doesnt look likely this late in winter. I think anyone along and north of I-80 has a shot with the system next week and beyond.

That sucks x 2. I know you could recite all the benefits of high rise living, but still, for me, I couldn't make it without a backyard. Grilling in the park means seagulls, dogs, kids throwing frisbees at your head, and a whole bunch of other annoyances. There's nothing better on a hot summer day than sitting on my lounge chair with a beer, a book, and a cigar or bbqing in privacy.

But these are personal preferences. I'm an introvert by nature. Maybe you dig the social aspects of communal living.

I take the good with the bad. A private balcony is a must for my next place, but having a real nice large park and beach across the way that allows grilling is pretty fun, especially with a large group of friends. And really, the people watching is part of the fun and it's a nice area to watch all the summer events.

Archived