northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
MW/GL/OV February 2011 discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it me or are there a ton more threads than usual on the main subforum page?

Your correct..About 3 of them were my fault. Ill keep my topic posting to a minimal. New to the forum..Used to the dark side (ACcuWX) were a storm thread is created 200+ hrs out..Thus why I have mostly switched over to here..Anyways love the site and the peeps..

Your correct..About 3 of them were my fault. Ill keep my topic posting to a minimal. New to the forum..Used to the dark side (ACcuWX) were a storm thread is created 200+ hrs out..Thus why I have mostly switched over to here..Anyways love the site and the peeps..

I'm not in a position to criticize much since I started a thread 10 days out, but generally speaking we don't start threads for specific events until about 5 days out, maybe 7 at the most.

Well Tulsa is looking at their snowiest winter on record after tonight/tomorrow's storm.

Who would have expected that in a strong La Nina? :arrowhead:

What's even crazier is their NWS branches is calling for snow ratios of 18:1 with this next storm. Geez, that's hard to get even up here in many storms. :axe:

A little tidbit from Henry M....aka big daddy.

Speaking of melting snow, the warm weather coming into the Plains this weekend and next week will melt most of the snow away up to I-80. All the blizzard snow that is let will be gone by the end of the week. I believe that the 52.7% of the country covered by snow will be reduced in half by the end of next week. By the 19th of the month, we should see less than 25% of the country with snow on the ground.

whistle.gif

And it looks like the warm-up for early next week will be either delayed or be muted somewhat.

Definitely been delayed at least. Those temps EC is forecasting for Sunday-Monday would be 10 degrees too warm if the GFS is correct. It'll be tougher for us to escape the warmth with that 240 hour system. All the models have been pretty consistent on taking that one WAY north. Although I notice that huge vortex in the Atlantic SE of Greenland. If that thing can get nudged south some, it might changes things. Seems crazy that I want that vortex back over NFLD considering how badly it screwed us between Dec 2009-Dec 2010. In this case though it might help.

Archived