EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Christmas Storm II

Cold Rain

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get wrapped up with the QPF numbers. They will be moving around wildly the next few days.

exactly. They look too low for the duration, will probably go up. This isa major snowstorm for Georgia to Carolinas and Va.

I hope you guys enjoy this potential threat....I feel fairly confident in this solution, but yall know it can change. I am ROOTING YA'LL on!!!! Robert you like this run?

Oh yeah. I'm still shaking. Going to be hard to sleep tonight and I have to be up in 4 hours.:gun_bandana:

Euro is spitting out single digit temps for monday morning...only warming up to MAYBE the mid 20's across the NC Piedmont.

Sunday wouldn't get out of the low to mid 20's in charlotte with low clouds, wrap around and -10 at 850, snowcover. the models will blow the surface temps on this if theres snowcover. We'll be making a run at zero for our area I think if we really do get snowcover, several inches.

Sunday wouldn't get out of the low to mid 20's in charlotte with low clouds, wrap around and -10 at 850, snowcover. the models will blow the surface temps on this if theres snowcover. We'll be making a run at zero for our area I think if we really do get snowcover, several inches.

That's what I was thinking that snow cover makes a big difference.

A huge SE snow that makes everyone happy is rare, it happening on Christmas is once is a lifetime. Heres to 3 more days of model watching. If the models are consistent come Weds I'm putting a sled on my christmas list.

Or twice if you happen to live in Hartsville.:P

Yep. Hell all we can do is pray this solution stays on the Euro tomorrow.

And the gfs to come around too! The improbability factor here must be enormous...kind of like the Falcons winning the Super Bowl...oh, yeah, there is actually a chance of that..., wow, if this were to verify as is, hell will be freezing too, lol. T

-16 at 850 for eastern Tn , Westrn NC Monday morning. Combined with strong high prssure, time of year, and snow cover, Wow this is going to be a truly cold airmass. I made it down to 7 degrees earlier this week , surely we'll get very close to zero if the wind goes calm.

Theres still a possibility this storm doesnt' phase in time for us while its developing in south Ga. We'll see though . It sure is about the best looking prog I think I've ever seen for the Southeast in general. It's better than anything last year for so many people.

Good night folks.

This is shaping up rather nicely for us here in the SE. The waiting is going to be the only real hard part to do besides wondering what the models will spit out next. Like Robert said, the time and place of the phasing will decide whether or not we get something major with this system. One thing that would reassure me is if the Euro/UKMET/Canadian continues to hold strong with their solutions for something decent in the next 48hrs. In that case, we could all rejoice for having a White Christmas this year!

:snowman::guitar:

Archived