• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Christmas Storm II

Cold Rain

So can anyone confirm that the Euro shows about 3-4 inches of snow for the Atlanta area from this storm? I know we should not get too wrapped up in amounts at this point but this has me really excited for the first time this season!

It does and most points north in GA. The 0z run had more QPF than yesterdays 12z run too.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think they are bullish because of so much agreement....I mean when was the last storm that had all these models behind it consistently for a couple of days?

Never has caused them to be this bullish before and there has been times when the models were all virtually unanimous. Plus the gfs is not on board with it so it's not all of them.

Hey all. MA "interloper" who has been keenly reading this and previous threads for past few days as I am en route to Nashville on the 23rd late by car. To the mods, would a seperate thread for questions about timing and conditions be of benefit for travelers and others generally interested? That might help clean up these model threads. It could also be a place for the IMBY questions which keep popping up.

Just a thought.

Foothills, your discos have been superb. Much appreciated.

---Aaron

Well I'm pulling hard for you guys! I was able to experience an epic snowstorm that dropped 2 feet of snow on Christmas Eve/Day on me a couple of years ago when I was visiting my in-laws in Evansville, IN. So even though I'll be out of town for this one I want all of you to experience something similar!

What's equally amazing is if the storm pans out like the Euro shows the snowcover will be around for a LONG time! It's going to be mighty mighty cold next week.

I think so much off-topic stuff is gonna get cracked down on here soon by Lookout's wrath BTW!! Also, he started at WISTV and moved to WLTX back in the day. Also, yes to an extent they are.

You are exactly right and thank you for actually having a memory. It seems many here do not and I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

We are thinking about making a thread for all the "how much does X model show for my city" thread and what local mets are saying. As soon as that's done, any and all of this other clutter from this thread is going to be deleted from here on out. I am dead serious when I say this, some are going to be spending this system off this board if this stuff continues.

I hate to sound like a hard ass but it's getting out of hand and us in the southeast have a long standing tradition of having the highest quality threads on this board. For the long standing members this type of stuff is like fingers on a chalk board..we simply aren't used to it and we are not going to devolve into the mid atlantic/new england forum here. So everyone should take notice.

I'm not surprised with.FFC. They still have me with rain here in Athens ga. Based on the models, I believe that is not going to be the case. Someone needs to tell FFC to get off the gfs train.

You have to see their point though. There is only I think ONE white Christmas (snow of 1 inch or greater on the ground) for the Atlanta area since the 1800s. They can NOT afford to bust this far South on a day like Christmas.

Archived