northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Christmas Storm II

Cold Rain

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread will go BOOM soon if the 12z runs show consistency.

I definitely want to see the GGEM come in a little colder down my way, these 12z's are going to be important. It'll be interesting to see if the GGEM & Euro shift more Southward or hold tight. The GFS isn't so important in my opinion right now.

Can't believe DT hasn't been screaming about the EE rule. I've teed him up on it a couple times, but he hasn't hit it out of the park.

Anyone going with the GFS over a NAM/Euro 1-2 punch is going to be like all the kids thinking Santa REALLY IS going to bring them a pony this Christmas.

oh yeah.. this looks good. pos tilt trough beginning to move southward toward the Gulf. also invites the phase...

Ok, I am caught up from last night. Nice, except for what I noticed the Ukie doing. It really supresses the storm and I wonder if the model supression (outside of the GFS) is going to continue. That was a pretty big jump and a later phase for the Ukie, which has been performing well. The Euro was looking supressed as well, until the phase occurred.

Is anyone else concerned about this (or just us in Tennessee) haha

I think it's important to reiterate the Euro and Ukmet combo when it comes to phasing. When both of these models agree and the Gfs is showing a different solution... Most of the time the Euro/Ukmet combo wins. This has always been a great check to make sure the Euro is not up to it's old biases of hanging southern stream energy back preventing an early phase. The fact that the Ukmet is even later with the phase makes me very confident that the gfs is out to lunch.

If one needs a great example of when this combo worked before... Look no further than last year's snowstorms in NC starting with December 18th, 2009.

Archived