amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Christmas Storm II

Cold Rain

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else having trouble reading RaleighWX's disco? I get a server error. I'm sure it's very well thought out and informative, though; that's why I clicked! :)

Yeah, something happened already to it. He did say this:

the models continued to trend south yesterday and overnight and it is now looking like the track will be south of this across central MS/AL/GA into southern SC to Charleston, and then off shore east of Wilmington and Hatteras. This track favors widespread snow across northern AL, MS, GA, TN, upstate SC, much of NC, and then further north as well

It does in this case as cold air rushes in. You don't want to be too far away from the low or you won't have abundant moisture.

Good point Keith in Alabama. The Cold Air Advection associated with the HP dropping down from the northern plains, due to the PNA ridging that is setting up, in association with the counterclockwise flow from the 50/50 low, bringing down cold NE flow, and damming it against the Appalachians, makes this a little different situation, where you may not have to have the LP track 500 miles to the South.

Keith in Georgia

Archived