joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 28-March 3rd Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What place for seasonal snowfall does ORD break into if it beats 71.2" tonight?

71.2" is 2nd place for meteorological winter still held by 1977-78. ORD passed 1966-67 already today into 4th snowiest season overall (July 1-June 30). Next up in 3rd place is 1969-70 with 77". Interesting thing about 1969-70 is that there were only 48.5" heading into spring. March had 17.8" and April had 10.7".

71.2" is 2nd place for meteorological winter still held by 1977-78. ORD passed 1966-67 already today into 4th snowiest season overall (July 1-June 30). Next up in 3rd place is 1969-70 with 77".

Ok, I see.

---

Ratios today have been hanging right around 12:1. Thought the colder readings tonight would make a difference, but not really.

Ok, I see.

---

Ratios today have been hanging right around 12:1. Thought the colder readings tonight would make a difference, but not really.

Might have to do with that warmer layer shown on the forecast soundings at around 800 mb. If we had these surface temps and a more favorable profile/deeper dgz may have had at least 15:1 ratios. When I left the office after 4, there was almost a mix of icy grauple and small snowflakes.

Hawks-Penguins at Soldier Field tonight, at 7:00 CT/8:00 ET (NBC). For those that want to watch the snow...and hockey of course. :D

NHL Network has some pre-game stuff on right now...and flake size looks decent on the Lakefront.

Not to get too far off topic but will they have to plow the ice if it accumulates a lot during the game?  Kind of like run a snow plow over the ice then the Zamboni?

Not to get too far off topic but will they have to plow the ice if it accumulates a lot during the game?  Kind of like run a snow plow over the ice then the Zamboni?

They'll have people out there shoveling/scraping during TV timeouts/pauses during the game.

I'm sure they'll be helping too: http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=83376 

Back edge approaching Rockford, so I probably have till 9 pm and then it shuts off.

Still a lot of pixie dust flakes.

---

Detroit break 80" yet!?

If they have as much snow as I do on the northeast side of town then yes. I am a bit over an inch currently and vis is down to 3/4SM

Archived