e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 3rd event

Brian5671

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Especially considering there was NOTHING only a couple days ago.  Second time this has happened and ALMOST 3 if you count the event that JUST missed a few days ago (but nailed the South Jerz shore...).

The models strongly hinted at some kind of wave after the mini thaw and front this weekend, so having some sort of storm isn't surprising to me and I and a few called this out. I will say that it's becoming even more than I thought it would be, I was more in line for a 1-3/2-4" event but now it could easily be double that. 

I'm a little bit worried there might be some BL issues at least initially though especially if it were to keep trending slightly further north. 

The models strongly hinted at some kind of wave after the mini thaw and front this weekend, so having some sort of storm isn't surprising to me and I and a few called this out. I will say that it's becoming even more than I thought it would be, I was more in line for a 1-3/2-4" event but now it could easily be double that. 

I'm a little bit worried there might be some BL issues at least initially though especially if it were to keep trending slightly further north. 

Hinted and being there are two different things.  That said, you were one of the ones that clearly said to watch this wave...

WOW Don, what a SHARP cutoff and huge contrast in amounts. Though I feel philly is primed to see the best snows, due to some of that in SNJ being lost to rain, correct?

That map just shows the probability of 0.25" or more precipitation falling during the 6-hour period ending 2/3 21z. The heaviest qpf will probably lie across that area, but some of the precipitation will likely be rain over part of NJ. Philly is looking good. Overall, even areas in NJ that see some rain should do well on accumulations, too.

Archived