• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What are your ideal summer temperatures?

Quincy

What are your ideal summer temperatures?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What's your ideal summer HIGH temperature?

• <70°
    • 70° to 79°
    • 80° to 89°
    • 90° to 99°
    • 100°+
  2. 2. What's your ideal summer LOW temperature?

• <50°
    • 50° to 59°
    • 60° to 69°
    • 70° to 79°
    • 80°+
  3. 3. What's your ideal summer dew-point temperature?

• <45°
    • 45° to 54°
    • 55° to 64°
    • 65° to 74°
    • 75°+

Why?

He loves the look of wind-swept dead grass when it's -10F and the only snow to be found is the fluffy dusting on the frozen mulch beds. ;)

In all honesty I like a good cold snap as long as there is a snowpack in place. The frozen bare ground is a nightmare left over from growing up in the Hudson Valley. I just remember so many times we'd get an arctic airmass with bare grass and just a skiff of snow blown into the corners of the driveway or something like that.

The only cold I don't like is when it's like -25F all night and I have to worry about whether or not my SUV will start up at 430am so I can get to the mountain.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as its cold enough for it to snow or ice that is winter. Whether its a 33 snow that Annihilates Antennaes or 14 degree powder bomb or 4 inches of sleet or 2 inches of zr. We want it cold enough for that and cold enough to keep it OTG adterwards.

Well we all want it, but we don't live in Siberia either. There is a reason why you avg less than 60".

Well we all want it, but we don't live in Siberia either. There is a reason why you avg less than 60".

But that doesn't mean the season can't still be that season. 60 inches of snow is fine. Just keep it otg all winter with no flabby, hairy underarms that the wind shakes the flab around hanging out car windows mild wx. Just like in summer. Keep it warm and humid enough to offer summer feels

• 1 year later...

Mid-upper 70s with low dewpoints. If I'm going to the beach, I'll certainly tolerate warmer and more humid, but for most of my summer activities like golf and hiking, I prefer warm and dry. Ditto if I'm just walking outside to and from the train when commuting for work.

The best part is that summer climo has 100% of the days in JJA at ORH averaging from 71F to 80F for highs. So I really want the seasons to act like seasons in the summer!!! :sun:

Yup! Completely agree. The only reason I put in 60s for low is for gardening. If it was just for sleeping, bring on the 50s!

Because 70s is way to cold for the beach, is his point. There's a reason no one is there and it has nothing to do with the time of year, all about the temps, no chill 

Having 70s near the beach is climo anyways. It also tells you there is an onshore wind, which if anybody who is beach savvy knows...means the water is warmest. Everyone wants to be at the beach when it's 95, but have fun with upwelling ankle numbing water.

I always tell people...go to east facing beaches when we have a light seabreeze. Water is surprisingly warm.

Having 70s near the beach is climo anyways. It also tells you there is an onshore wind, which if anybody who is beach savvy knows...means the water is warmest. Everyone wants to be at the beach when it's 95, but have fun with upwelling ankle numbing water.

I always tell people...go to east facing beaches when we have a light seabreeze. Water is surprisingly warm.

yeah but then when you get out of the water you get goosebumps and chills...no thanks.  I like going to Nantucket Sound beaches with an offshore wind, waters warm, air is warm.  Any north or east facing beaches are miserable IMHO.

yeah but then when you get out of the water you get goosebumps and chills...no thanks.  I like going to Nantucket Sound beaches with an offshore wind, waters warm, air is warm.  Any north or east facing beaches are miserable IMHO.

Usually those seabreeze days where it's light, are ones with a big ridge overhead and it's already warm and humid. I'm not talking about June with a high nosing in from Maine and a 20kt NE wind with dewpoints in the 40s...lol.  It's those days where Logan is U80s with an ESE wind type days. They aren't rare either.

Of course down on the S Coast where winds primarily are out of the S and SW...the near shore waters are very warm by August.

the water at Katama beach on the vineyard is usually nice and warm. been there a couple times. warm water and good surf

Archived