• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/sleet/freezing rain mess OBS Tuesday night/Wednesday 1/15-16/2013

wdrag

ALL who observe for the Mount Holly WFO area:   expectations.  For the OBS later tonight through Noon Wednesday...  we'll be looking for snow accum totals,  ice pellet accum totals and the combo;  as well as glaze thickness on limbs.  The scenario should be mostly snow poconos-far nw nj tapering to freezing rain/freezing drizzle during the day Wed; 

Further south...a mish mosh of rain starting out then over to sleet/freezing rain in the 05z-10z time frame back to freezing rain by 12z and then just plain rain after sunrise Wed before tapering to drizzle midday.  the HWOPHI has our current thinking.    Thank you in advance for your very helpful observations.  wd/phi  110P EST 1/15/13

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALL who observe for the Mount Holly WFO area:   expectations.  For the OBS later tonight through Noon Wednesday...  we'll be looking for snow accum totals,  ice pellet accum totals and the combo;  as well as glaze thickness on limbs.  The scenario should be mostly snow poconos-far nw nj tapering to freezing rain/freezing drizzle during the day Wed; 

Further south...a mish mosh of rain starting out then over to sleet/freezing rain in the 05z-10z time frame back to freezing rain by 12z and then just plain rain after sunrise Wed before tapering to drizzle midday.  the HWOPHI has our current thinking.    Thank you in advance for your very helpful observations.  wd/phi  110P EST 1/15/13

Walt - any adjustments further north with the afternoon update?  Or remaining status quo with the Mount Holly WFO snow totals from this morning?

Currently here in NW Chesco

Cloudy Temp 36.4

RH 79%

DP 30.5

Wind N at 3mph

I have an early flight tomorrow to Boston and then get to ride the Mass Pike west bound for an hour in their 2 to 4" event

If it was a good weather day, it almost sounds like it would be about as fast to drive up there as to fly...

I know my obs don't count for Mt Holly's reports and stats, but does anyone have a problem if I report mine in this thread? I just feel very disconnected from the Central PA folks as well as State College's CWA.

We count on your reports here, especially this year when "North and West" actually means something.

I know my obs don't count for Mt Holly's reports and stats, but does anyone have a problem if I report mine in this thread? I just feel very disconnected from the Central PA folks as well as State College's CWA.

Please do. I always hope you cash in up that way after a few awful ripoff winters.

If it was a good weather day, it almost sounds like it would be about as fast to drive up there as to fly...

Ray

Your right it is close but I figure it still favors flying by about 1.5 hours.

It's about a 5.5 hour drive to there from here....but depending on PHL problems it could almost make sense - tomorrow could be that day! But normally It takes me an hour to PHL and assume another 45 minutes for parking and security (although I am now pre-screened which allows me to zip thru at a pretty good rate) and a 1 hour 15 minute flight and then a 1 hour drive from Logan. We will see how tomorrow goes...

Archived