joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Track Developing El Nino

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And no, Irene most certainly was not as bad as could have been, even there.

No... but hundreds of homes destroyed (from surge alone) and the largest power outage in state history (eclipsed 2 months later) was certainly the most impressive tropical event here since 1985.

No... but hundreds of homes destroyed (from surge alone) and the largest power outage in state history (eclipsed 2 months later) was certainly the most impressive tropical event here since 1985.

Agreed.

Bob was crap here, too.....I'd say it was equal to or a little less than Bob.

Again, save the headlines regarding the impacts from around the region....I'm aware, but from where I am it was lame.

All I said.

Last week's hail was much more exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

Gibbs mentioned 2002-2003 type winter

That would be nice. That was a late start for me, but an extremely awesome finish. I don't know how I feel about next winter. I find it hard to think that we could have a dead ratter Nina and then a dead ratter Nino, but who knows.

• 3 weeks later...

Gibbs mentioned 2002-2003 type winter

Kind of an interior centric winter, but my picky days are done after this last rusty coat hanger.

Did Gibbs really say that, Kev?

Scooter and I were just talking about how weak Nino still looks good....or as good as it can look at this huge lead, though spread is large.

Kind of an interior centric winter, but my picky days are done after this last rusty coat hanger.

Did Gibbs really say that, Kev?

Scooter and I were just talking about how weak Nino still looks good....or as good as it can look at this huge lead, though spread is large.

He mentioned it as an analog year. Not necc that it would replicate it

Thqt would be so great! I am skeptical but will be happy to root for it.

The ECM stuff still has spread, but that seems to want a weak Nino too. Maybe not a lock quite yet, but I'd lean that way right now. Would be a nice treat after the stuff you and I had to endure this year.

Archived