joxey
January 4th-6th Major Winter Storm Part 4

andyhb

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got about 16 inches here

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The last 2-3 weeks have been incredible. First we get hit with the biggest ice storm in 10 years and now get the biggest snowstorm in decades for mby.

Woww! Amazing picture man! Damn, wish I got that much last night.  Certainly a nice treat for many of you. 

Enjoy! Stay safe! 

Official totals from EC as of this morning:

LOCATION       TOTAL STORM SNOWFALL AMOUNT                      

WINDSOR                     5.9"
LUCAN                       7.8"
PAISLEY                     10"
WATERLOO                    6.7" (AS OF NEAR MIDNIGHT).
KITCHENER STANLEY PARK      6.7"
NORTHEAST BARRIE            12"
SOUTHWEST BARRIE            15"
ORILLIA                     29
GRIMSBY MOUNTAIN            1.1" (PLUS 11 MM FREEZING RAIN)

Judging from radar, I'm right underneath an intense snow band that stretches all the way from Lake Huron!!

Toronto hardly ever benefits from Lake Huron squalls. A bit east though usually does better.

Have seen at times where a snow squall will start in Lake Superior travel through Georgian Bay on strong NW wind, then hookup to Lake Ontario band (more WNW wind) and end up Eastern L. Ontario. One squall dumping snow from Sault Ste.Marie all the way to Andirondacks. Seen it a few times.

Personally the actual storm wasn't ultra epic for me (spent the brunt of it in Ann Arbor, rates were never that great)... But the snow depth right now is awesome. Add blowing snow and drifts and the cold and it feels straight up arctic right now.

Anyway off to Norman now. Drive to airport was another intense one, vis. Got pretty low at time with blowing snow and was pushing my little car around the ice :yikes:

zequnyja.jpg

3e6ydyza.jpg

Tippecanoe County EMA director reporting drifts up to 8 feet high in some places. 16 people had to be rescued from their cars last night between county roads 600N and 900N. The National Guard was called in to assist. Snow plows are plowing some roads shut, so people don't try to venture out.

http://www.jconline.com/article/20140106/NEWS/301060004/A-few-slide-off-accidents-reported-444-still-without-power-Tippecanoe-County

Had some light snow in my area. Band exploded as soon as it left my area -_-.

We've had a nice snow pack since Dec 9. Amazing! 

Ha yesterday you were saying we live in a "snowless sh!t pot".

Great photos coming out of MI and IN. Wicked storm guys, thanks for sharing.

Those snow piles on the side of the street are massive!

Ha yesterday you were saying we live in a "snowless sh!t pot".

Great photos coming out of MI and IN. Wicked storm guys, thanks for sharing.

Those snow piles on the side of the street are massive!

Thoughts change, lol. I didnt expect my area to wind up with the most snowfall in the GTA. Everything that fell in my area was frozen, and temperatures never got above -0.8C. Hbu?

Well it was a nice storm. Most of the GTA got 10-15cm which is not bad. Were now ahead of 2011-12 in the snow department lol. 

Cold day man. Bundle up. I have a solid snow cover now. 27cm on the ground :D 

GREAT PICS FROM DOWN SOUTH GUYS!

snow continues to stream in off the lake. 4.5" since late night/early this morning.

what a terrific winter day... beautiful deep snow, wind, lake effect.... stew is cooking... snuck an early sip on single stage jack... lol

life is good

Nice,

Can't wait till I can retire in another 30 years lol. Then I should really get to enjoy the great North, Heck though even having to work up here is better than any day working down state where I was.

Archived