Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had around 23 Tornadoes day... Seems like almost everyone of them has done some damage. And several tornadoes have done significant damage.

New Tornado looks like it's developing... Also looks like a Tornado is about to enter northwest Des Moines

The more problematic part staying north of DSM. Mostly hearing it's a severe wind event and hail but some reported rotation recently but nothing on the ground.

Whoa, you do remember that I backpedaled a bit this morning from the high risk talk right?  If anything, I'm slightly surprised at how violent these 2-3 supercells have been given the somewhat meager helicities being analyzed thus far, although the surface obs and the local effects that you mentioned suggest that the mesoanalysis and HRRR forecasts have their flaws.

I do, I will just pretend that you didn't backpedal.

Seriously though, this has been pretty incredible to watch unfold. GFS/WRF-NMM pretty much wiped the floor clean from a modeling perspective. Not sure what it was they were simulating differently. BL parameterizations, perhaps, but they have vastly different params. An interesting case study for the future. It doesn't help that the GFS had been pathetic numerous times this spring with the synoptic pattern.

Archived