Guest Pamela

And now I think of my life

As vintage wine from fine old kegs

From the brim to the dregs,

And it poured sweet and clear

It was a very good year

This is magical; especially after the 5 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKu9hZDwEQ8

"There is nothing in this world more frustrating than wishing to be something you can never be."

____Tchaikovsky

"I have transcended matter...and will transcend time...and any other obstacle the Universe chooses to place in My Path...and I shall prevail!"

____Pamela

i like this russian symphony better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xIsfjCxPKE

Guest Pamela

This is another scintillating symphony...penned by Dvorak...it is a four movement affair (three up tempo, one largo)...but I only linked the first movement (allegro).  As a former member of a NYC orchestra...it was exciting to share in the thrill of performing it @ Carnegie Hall years ago....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCYw89gjeE

This is another scintillating symphony...penned by Dvorak...it is a four movement affair (three up tempo, one largo)...but I only linked the first movement (allegro).  As a former member of a NYC orchestra...it was exciting to share in the thrill of performing it @ Carnegie Hall years ago....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCYw89gjeE

you like, really need to expand on this

Guest Pamela

Amy Irving was wonderful in Carrie

Why did Sue Snell (Amy) *really* make Tommy take Spacek to the prom?  Her true motivation has never been seriously explored by literary scholars...

I mean, she offers all that balderdash up to the gym teacher about wanting to get Carrie involved with things; but deep down...I believe she was in a secret conspiracy with Nancy Allen & PJ Soles to maximize Carrie's humiliation.  The trip to the gym on prom night was simply a ruse to feign innocence on Snell's part...and to draw Miss Collins attention away from the stage so Chris could pull the cord w/o any interference.

Guest Pamela

Why did Sue Snell (Amy) *really* make Tommy take Spacek to the prom?  Her true motivation has never been seriously explored by literary scholars...

I mean, she offers all that balderdash up to the gym teacher about wanting to get Carrie involved with things; but deep down...I believe she was in a secret conspiracy with Nancy Allen & PJ Soles to maximize Carrie's humiliation.  The trip to the gym on prom night was simply a ruse to feign innocence on Snell's part...and to draw Miss Collins attention away from the stage so Chris could pull the cord w/o any interference.

Piper: These are godless times...

Mrs. Snell: I'll drink to that! (Notices Piper doesn't share her smile) (Sheepishly) Uhh..we'll both read these...

Lol

There was no need to remake that film; but common sense and artistic integrity never stands in the way of box office greed...

In the third version, Carrie is better looking than Chris from the get-go...which makes for a dynamic rife with incongruity.

Since it's never too early..models continue with theme of warm water holding off

the West Coast for another winter with an impressive ridge building from NEPAC

over the North Pole to possibly Greenland. We just want to see the ridge off the

East Coast get flattened long enough for us to hit our normal to above

snowfall quota for another season. It would be great if NYC could make it 

13 out of the last 17 with near to above normal snowfall. We finished this

year at 12 out of 16.

Since it's never too early..models continue with theme of warm water holding off

the West Coast for another winter with an impressive ridge building from NEPAC

over the North Pole to possibly Greenland. We just want to see the ridge off the

East Coast get flattened long enough for us to hit our normal to above

snowfall quota for another season. It would be great if NYC could make it

13 out of the last 17 with near to above normal snowfall. We finished this

year at 12 out of 16.

attachicon.gifcahgt_anom.9.gif

attachicon.gifcfs_anom_z500_noram_201701_28.png

Where is all the cold going?? It's not global warming, right??

I was trying to be sarcastic, but seriously.

Where is all the cold going?? It's not global warming, right??

I was trying to be sarcastic, but seriously.

As long as what little cold there is decides to focus on our small part of the globe long enough for snow

we are good to go. This past winter showed how little actual cold you need for a record blizzard and

a 40 inch snowfall season here.

Even a plus 10 anomaly over Barrow, in February, is still near 0 for a high temp. There's plenty of cold in this area if what is depicted comes to fruition.

That map looks a little bit like 93-94 with a strong -EPO block extending well north of Alaska into the Beaufort Sea, placing the PV near Hudson Bay. Would lead to a gradient pattern in the East, but one that is probably favorable for NYC.

Bluewave, is that map celsius surface temp?

Yeah.

That map looks a little bit like 93-94 with a strong -EPO block extending well north of Alaska into the Beaufort Sea, placing the PV near Hudson Bay. Would lead to a gradient pattern in the East, but one that is probably favorable for NYC.

The interesting thing about the SST CA for this winter was how wrong it was some months and correct others.

While it missed the record warmth in December and the warmth in March, it did well with the Jan and Feb forecast

which it had too long for the OND..DJF..JFM period.

All we needed to hit 40 inches on the season here on LI was it to be correct two months out of the DJFM

4 month period.

Good forecast from last October for Jan-Feb for us. But notice how it didn't do as well in Asia.

hi from south beach. last night's low was 75. you can take your 50's and keep them

Miami Beach was one of my favorite vacation spots during the winter. The views from the plane

of the coral reef shallows over the Bahamas was amazing. Those are some of the most

gorgeous shades of ocean blues on the planet.

That's a pretty funny video. But not for the tree.

Speaking of which i have seen mega gypsy moth nests everywhere. Going to be a bad season for those things

I remember those growing up in PA-they would strip some trees of leaves completely.   I have never seen one up here in CT-guess we are just a little too far north?

Archived