• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 18th-23rd Severe Potential

Some people are really into those TV shows. It happens here too, albeit rare, but there will be a short severe coverage then some very nasty comments follow on the local news station's Facebook page. Of course, if the people complaining about missing 60 seconds of their show got hit by said severe storm without a "break in" they would complain they never got warned.

Anywho, this is a topic for some other day. Back to the severe weather.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just crazy to me since in Kansas they went wall-to-wall for pretty much penny size hail. Here, you have a tornado going into a town, and they basically have to apologize for interrupting commercials...

Anyway.

Looking outside, the lightning off to the northwest is incredible.

May be a tornado on the E side of Decatur.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  

TORNADO WARNING  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORT WORTH TX  

1040 PM CDT TUE MAY 19 2015  

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN FORT WORTH HAS ISSUED A  

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  

EAST CENTRAL WISE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS...  

* UNTIL 1115 PM CDT  

* AT 1039 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A  

TORNADO WAS LOCATED ABOUT 2 MILES EAST OF DECATUR...MOVING EAST AT  

10 MPH.  

HAZARD...TORNADO AND HAIL UP TO TWO INCHES IN DIAMETER.  

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.  

IMPACT...FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DANGEROUS TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT  

SHELTER. MOBILE HOMES WILL BE DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.  

DAMAGE TO ROOFS...WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL OCCUR. TREE  

DAMAGE IS LIKELY.  

* THIS DANGEROUS STORM WILL BE NEAR...  

NEW FAIRVIEW AROUND 1115 PM CDT.

Just crazy to me since in Kansas they went wall-to-wall for pretty much penny size hail. Here, you have a tornado going into a town, and they basically have to apologize for interrupting commercials...

Anyway.

Looking outside, the lightning off to the northwest is incredible.

yeah the light show was amazing around 9 when I went to Sonic to get a slush drink

Luckily to the east of Decatur is mostly oil fields. For several miles I should say.

Minuteman getting pretty close to this thing over on TVN.

Huge tornado on the ground per Minuteman. Powerflashes

I can't tell if that is a big Wedge or a wall cloud on his stream. 

Luckily to the east of Decatur is mostly oil fields. For several miles I should say.

Minuteman getting pretty close to this thing over on TVN.

Huge tornado on the ground per Minuteman. Powerflashes

Screenshots please.

Have a report from a friend that lives in jacksboro TX..that AFTER the cell went thru which had the tornado warning ...another cell went thru which must have produced a tornado in her neighborhood cause the apartments next to where she lives were destoyed but her house was just fine... The thing is though this cell had no warning on it at all!

Have a report from a friend that lives in jacksboro TX..that AFTER the cell went thru which had the tornado warning ...another cell went thru which must have produced a tornado in her neighborhood cause the apartments next to where she lives were destoyed but her house was just fine... The thing is though this cell had no warning on it at all!

No damage reports have been received/transmitted by the N TX IWT nor have I seen any reports on social media out of Jack County. The only apartments I've heard damaged where in Runaway Bay from a tornadic circulation.

That minuteman report caused a bit of a tiffy for sure. Based off velocity data and the lack of major scanner traffic I'm calling BS.

weren't they the same ones that reported a massive wedge, when it turned out to be some much smaller tornado for Rio Vista, TX a few weeks ago?

Odd that there were zero tornado reports from the spc site on the jacksboro-runaway bay storm that had massive rotation and several reports from at least news station of a tog. Pics this morning showing houses leveled as well in that area. Any reason why they didn't correct it?

Archived