SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORT WORTH TX  

933 PM CDT TUE MAY 19 2015  

TXC237-497-200245-  

/O.CON.KFWD.TO.W.0080.000000T0000Z-150520T0245Z/  

WISE TX-JACK TX-  

933 PM CDT TUE MAY 19 2015  

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 945 PM CDT FOR WEST  

CENTRAL WISE AND EAST CENTRAL JACK COUNTIES...  

AT 932 PM CDT...A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR BOONSVILLE...OR  

9 MILES WEST OF BRIDGEPORT...MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH. THIS TORNADO MAY  

DIRECTLY IMPACT RUNAWAY BAY AND POSSIBLY LAKE BRIDGEPORT. A TORNADO  

WAS CONFIRMED NEAR HIGHWAY 380.  

THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION.  

HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.  

SOURCE...WEATHER SPOTTERS CONFIRMED TORNADO.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never seen a confirmed tornado basically on top of a town and the news stations only breaking in during commercials. That's criminal. I guarantee they would not do that if there was a tornado in DFW proper.

I agree... the ONLY station that I won't openly critque is channel 5? Why you ask.. because even though they have not been wall to wall, at least they keep information across the bottom of the screen giving details about the storms instead of just oh wait until commmercials, Still with that said this is horrible and borderline not following the public's interest that could get them in FCC trouble if enough people complain

Just wow!

A few miles further north and this thing would be just vacuuming up Lake Bridgeport. May be doing it anyways. (An actual lake, not a town)

more like a mile north really.. 

Fox 4 said per NWS chat (I guess) that someone is hearing a tornado like roar in Runaway Bay right now 

This is a really stupid question, but what happens if it hits the lake? Are there strong waterspouts? And how much water do they suck up? 

I think what it would do is pretty much suck up moisture, still consdiered a tornado I would think... Looks like on radar it just skirted the south edge of the lake... bad news for Runaway Bay

Suppose to be Mineral Wells tornado retweeted by Jeff Piotrowski

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FeoJ_c2Dg8&feature=youtu.be

Where has Jeff been anyways? Haven't heard or seen much from co.

So about some channels in the DFW region not interrupting programming for anything, if there was a confirmed large and violent tornado that was over 2 miles wide heading into the DFW metropolis during primetime, would they interrupt for that?

So about some channels in the DFW region not interrupting programming for anything, if there was a confirmed large and violent tornado that was over 2 miles wide heading into the DFW metropolis during primetime, would they interrupt for that?

Honestly from what I've seen since living here for 2 years I'd have to say not unless they had it live! which is a damn shame. considering instead of focusing on what's doing damage RIGHT NOW they're all focused on Mineral wells for 5 minutes then back to the normal news with the only difference being the radar plastered on the screen (which they don't even do during programming mind you)

People can be so selfish at times (referring to those who do not like it when their favorite program is cut in due to severe weather).  One of these days they are going to regret it, or pay with their lives for it.

/rant

Honestly from what I've seen since living here for 2 years I'd have to say not unless they had it live! which is a damn shame. considering instead of focusing on what's doing damage RIGHT NOW they're all focused on Mineral wells for 5 minutes then back to the normal news with the only difference being the radar plastered on the screen (which they don't even do during programming mind you)

I've never heard of a local station having such a "programming over everything attutide".. I remember in 2010 there was a TOR warning for a radar indicated tornado on the outreach of the WIBW (topeka) viewing area in a sparky populated county in Kansas (never touched down mind you) during the Duke-Butler basketball title and they interrupted it for the entire first half.

So far regular news turned tv on and haven't heard anything on the weather, hope this isn't as bad as it looks. Pretty populated areas coming up if it hangs on in Denton County.

Downtown Mineral Wells got clobbered, no injuries, going through Wise county attm as we know... frankly if it holds this strength and is producing tornadoes it's about to get ugly, and real fast

I've never heard of a local station having such a "programming over everything attutide".. I remember in 2010 there was a TOR warning for a radar indicated tornado on the outreach of the WIBW (topeka) viewing area in a sparky populated county in Kansas (never touched down mind you) during the Duke-Butler basketball title and they interrupted it for the entire first half.

Welcome to DFW media... here to get real wall to wall would take the end of the world severe storm wise..

Archived