joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring 2015: Pattern and Discussion thread

Eastatlwx

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was asked to try out for the MetalMan substitute by complaining. Do I sound like him yet?

No, your good! I would be ecstatic if I would have had four downpours in 2 days! Talking about too much rain or flooding , is something I won't have to discuss for a long time imby! Picked up .08 today after 8 days with 0 rain and about 10 more dry days coming, with upper 80s to boot! Congrats to all that got rain today!

If we get to 110 degrees, I will eat my shirt if it isn't stuck to me.

It won't happen in the mountains, but it could very well happen in many other parts of the southeast this summer. We did come close in many areas back in June of 2012, and some would have got there that day, but many storms developed and stopped the temp rise. As far as AVL goes, I think they have hit 100 degrees 1 time, back in 1983.

It won't happen in the mountains, but it could very well happen in many other parts of the southeast this summer. We did come close in many areas back in June of 2012, and some would have got there that day, but many storms developed and stopped the temp rise. As far as AVL goes, I think they have hit 100 degrees 1 time, back in 1983.

GSP his their all time high in July 1, 2012 at 107 at the airport. I remember the Huge storms that came though about 6 and stopped it from getting hotter. Does the old saying a hot summer equals a cold winter hold true? 

Heat wave still coming to the SE for day 9 but it now looks to only last a couple of days before temps get pushed back into the 80s. Yes folks we're getting close to that time of year where 80s for highs is nice weather.

6z GFS at day 9 (...hotter on day 10):

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=GFS&grid=3&model_yyyy=2015&model_mm=05&model_dd=20&model_init_hh=06&fhour=204&parameter=TMPF&level=2&unit=M_ABOVE_GROUND&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

Where's the heatwave coming from? I thought we said it wouldn't come from TX because of all the rain!? Is it just the SE ridge, and some strong downslope! Talking heat waves in May and beginning of June, sucks!

I wouldn't call it a heatwave exactly but it does depend on where you are,  go here and click through the last GFS run for what it may do....for me it gives me two days in a row with a high of 91 which isn't all that bad but still on the hot side for May...

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=seus&pkg=T2m&runtime=2015052006&fh=6&xpos=0&ypos=0

Where's the heatwave coming from? I thought we said it wouldn't come from TX because of all the rain!? Is it just the SE ridge, and some strong downslope! Talking heat waves in May and beginning of June, sucks!

Looking at the GFS, temps for those two days builds over the SE. Texas stays (relatively) cool. So this should tell us that yes we can still get hot but hopefully any hot spells will not be long lasting (...like what we are about to see).  

GFS no longer has any 90's on latest run here but it does get in the upper 80's several times but overall a cooler look than it had a few days ago.....and right at the end of the run starting day 12 it pops a low over the lower Bahamas/Cuba and brings it up the coast very similar to how Ana evolved...it is 12 days out though so take it with a grain of salt but the GFS did pretty much nail Ana 10-11 days out .

post-141-0-40460900-1432390192_thumb.png

Archived