• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal Part Deux

DDweatherman

haha way ahead of man, lol spent the last 15 minutes checking this out, post, and then read the comments I missed and bam!

this is indeed what I am also thinking. 

incorrectly modeled gravity waves could be the new radar hallucination. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think wxbell is doing anything to make the maps snowier they just aren't filtering very sophisticcatedly. It seems most apparent on the euro which apparently just has an off/on variable for snow.

Yes. Ryan has said that he has no control over the Euro output for snow ratios/algorhythms....he gets what ECMWF gives him.

Yes. Ryan has said that he has no control over the Euro output for snow ratios/algorhythms....he gets what ECMWF gives him.

maybe they work better in Europe....that wasn't intended to be sarcastic, just that conditions over there (in Europe) may result in snow more often than not with those algorithms

It's too obvious. I can do the math in my head. The error is glaring and I've never taken a met class. He has to see it and know it. Other sources do a much better job. The "its the data source" argument is weak at best.

It's too obvious. I can do the math in my head. The error is glaring and I've never taken a met class. He has to see it and know it. Other sources do a much better job. The "its the data source" argument is weak at best.

It has been pointed out to him several times. He has to know there's an issue. Maybe it's hard to fix but would be nice if they did some day.. or offered two options.  Not that I ever look at snowmaps. ;)

Sfc looks about the same at 12z.. 18z it's very close but like a degree warmer than 12z 95 area east and a degree colder west. it's a good run west for sure. 

Its a great run really overall in terms of where people sit. The best for those west because of the .6 QPF in 6 hours out there which is impressive, and surely aiding in the temperatures being a bit colder. 

It's a huge run for the north and west burbs...

take it for what it is but i think it demonstrates the shifts well run to run based on the look. at 18z Euro has us at 35 which is possibly no bueno, but if it's 35 at DCA (compared to 34 prior) and 1 degree too warm.. i'd roll the dice.

PKTnNTN.gif

Archived