joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day 10 12Z Euro has a +PNA, -AO, and somewhat of a west based -NAO I think (500 hts above normal Greenland).

I told you Tech would win, I told ya!!!  And Fla St. better watch out too.  Tech has found some defense.  It helps when the coach gets to play with players he has recruited himself.

And I told you winter wasn't over either :)  It'll get cold a few times, even in Dec....you watch, lol, might see some frozen in Ga. even.  T

I told you Tech would win, I told ya!!! And Fla St. better watch out too. Tech has found some defense. It helps when the coach gets to play with players he has recruited himself.

And I told you winter wasn't over either :) It'll get cold a few times, even in Dec....you watch, lol, might see some frozen in Ga. even. T

Yep. Ted Roof seems to be doing a nice job on the defensive side. I can't recall the last time their defense was as impressive as it was for the last two games as it has largely been quite unimpressive during Johnson's period.

If John Sterling were making the call, he may very well have described this as "the wackiest, wildest, most improbable game" in the history of the UGA/GT football rivalry. Of course, who knows about that? But I can't recall a more bizarre game between them and I've seen quite a few.

To make this wx related, ATL's major winter storm frequency during Johnson's tenure sure has picked up vs. that of Chan Gailey: 4 during the 6.25 years since he took over. I don't think even the great Bobby Dodd could touch that frequency! He was a great coach but not as great at producing major winter storms.

Yep. Ted Roof seems to be doing a nice job on the defensive side. I can't recall the last time their defense was as impressive as it was for the last two games as it has largely been quite unimpressive during Johnson's period.

If Jon Sterling were making the call, he may very well have described this as "the wackiest, wildest, most incredible game" in the history of the UGA/GT football rivalry. Of course, who knows about that? But I can't recall a more bizarre game between them and I've seen quite a few.

To make this wx related, ATL's major winter storm frequency during Johnson's tenure sure has picked up vs. that of Chan Gailey: 4 during the 6.25 years since he took over. I don't think even the great Bobby Dodd could touch that frequency! He was a great coach but not as great at producing major winter storms.

Whoever the odds makers were, they didn't have a clue.  Listened to all the bs Ga. hype all year long, and didn't pay attention to Tech who has been piling up yardage, and 1st downs all year, and finally found some defense. Sure it was a comedy of errors, but Tech wanted it more, and played a better offensive second half as far as moving the ball when they weren't getting in their own way.

Fla. St. looks to be stumbling along, just getting by, but they'd better take Tech seriously, 'cause they are getting better each week, and appear to be peaking at the right time mental toughness wise, lol, like the Doc weekly reports that just stumbling along ignoring little Goofy, who might just find the cold, that's always there, somewhere, in winter.  I doubt there has been winter since the Siberian Traps that hasn't  had some freezing nights :) Got to figure flood basalt might have warmed up Ga. a bit. T

Good... It's awful lonely at the bottom of the cliff, glad there will be a way back up ;)

I have a great feeling about December... as others have pointed out, we're in a Stratospheric Warming Event, the models won't have a clue beyond 5 days out right now. Maybe Santa will bring the Polar Vortex with him :santa:

Good... It's awful lonely at the bottom of the cliff, glad there will be a way back up ;)

I have a great feeling about December... as others have pointed out, we're in a Stratospheric Warming Event, the models won't have a clue beyond 5 days out right now. Maybe Santa will bring the Polar Vortex with him :santa:

Nah, Santa's bringing a mega SE ridge and a Bermuda High straight out of late July!

Archived