• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 25/26 Storm Threat...(Part 3)

Marion_NC_WX

Tuesday...Chance of light rain and light snow in the morning... Then rain likely in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s. Southeast winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tuesday Night...Rain. Lows in the mid 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.

Wednesday...Occasional rain with a chance of snow. Windy. Highs in the upper 30s. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Wednesday Night...Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s.

Do not think i will even turn the floodlights on with this forecast!

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are right, I'm just a big jerk. You might want to think about how you treat a new poster next time, because you just lost one. Consider this my last post.

Might consider how you post at your next board. (and nobody called you a jerk) But, you are without a doubt the biggest baby in all my years from Weather channel to Wright to Eastern and then here. ( and that's saying something !!!)

But, I doubt anybody wants you to leave.

... And this will be my last post on this.

Anyway. Amazing how much drier the 18Z is. Hopefully, it's due to lack of data.

You guys are right, I'm just a big jerk. You might want to think about how you treat a new poster next time, because you just lost one. Consider this my last post.

You are a real piece of work and honestly we don't need people like you who make false accusations and act like pricks when people disagree with you in a respectful way.

This is one of those mesoscale features that will be very hard to pinpoint until it is actually happening and is dependent on the exact track of the upper level features. Nowcasting (RUC, radar, etc.) will be the name of the game when trying to determine where the deformation band will orient itself.

That would be my answer too. Probably somewhere north/northwest of the center of the 5H system and near the 7H moisture, wherever that ends up being. Some models east Tenn, some central GA :lol:

That would be my answer too. Probably somewhere north/northwest of the center of the 5H system and near the 7H moisture, wherever that ends up being. Some models east Tenn, some central GA :lol:

Phil mentions January '98 which based on apparent weather, I can see the comparison. It just went boom late PM and snowed like crazy for 3 or 4 hours. Hopefully, this storm can spread the joy a little bit.

If you're going to let a misunderstanding cause you to leave, then you probably don't need to post in the first place. I am unhappy that you're leaving because, A) you know what you're talking about, and your posts have been spot on (with the exception of thinking that Foothills attacked you -- that's not his style at all, but how would you know that, since you just joined?) and B) it's great having another Raleigh met onboard.

You should not let this drive you to leave because you have very worthwhile contributions. People get overly sensitive about directness, since tone cannot be measured in text. The other poster before Foothills who called you out was out of line, but Robert wouldn't purposefully insult anyone. I hope you and he can PM and discuss it and we can all continue on. But if you choose to leave over this, while that sucks, it's your choice.

If you're going to let a misunderstanding cause you to leave, then you probably don't need to post in the first place. I am unhappy that you're leaving because, A) you know what you're talking about, and your posts have been spot on (with the exception of thinking that Foothills attacked you -- that's not his style at all, but how would you know that, since you just joined?) and B) it's great having another Raleigh met onboard.

You should not let this drive you to leave because you have very worthwhile contributions. People get overly sensitive about directness, since tone cannot be measured in text. The other poster before Foothills who called you out was out of line, but Robert wouldn't purposefully insult anyone. I hope you and he can PM and discuss it and we can all continue on. But if you choose to leave over this, while that sucks, it's your choice.

Let's let this be the last post on it. It's not worth it and its taken up too much time and space already.

This is from the Asheville Citizen Times quoting NWS, which is one of the 1st accumulation projections I've seen(other than Andy Wood:

ASHEVILLE — The Asheville area likely will get another fairly significant snow Tuesday and Wednesday.

According to the National Weather Service, the city could get 2-3 inches of snow as a storm system moves up from the Gulf and collides with cold air over the mountains. Higher elevations to the north and west of Asheville could get 3-7 inches, Weather Service meteorologist Doug Outlaw said this afternoon.

"Most of the accumulation should be late Tuesday night, from about midnight on, through about sunrise Wednesday," Outlaw said.

It seems like with a system that dynamic, there would be more accumulation. Of course, 18z is dry.

You are a real piece of work and honestly we don't need people like you who make false accusations and act like pricks when people disagree with you in a respectful way.

Thank God the rest of the Mets from Raleigh aren't like this! He/she must be awfully young and a pampered lil thing. I say don't let the door hit ya on the way out and good luck on the accuweather forum cause you don't jump on the best Met we got for this area, not to mention a fine person!

Back to the weather now...is this a screwed up run of the NAM or does it hold credibility? Soundings aren't my strong suit for sure but it looks even warmer for the upstate??

This is one of those mesoscale features that will be very hard to pinpoint until it is actually happening and is dependent on the exact track of the upper level features. Nowcasting (RUC, radar, etc.) will be the name of the game when trying to determine where the deformation band will orient itself.

Very true. A good example of this was the Christmas/Boxing Day storm. My emotions got the better of me and then the ruc started showing the deformation band passing right overhead on the morning of the 26th and it was almost dead on. Obviously radar is key too when in nowcast mode, but the RUC nailed it a good 8 hours before it developed.

Archived