• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
your favorite memories from winter 2009-10?

Ian

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another:

I will never forget snow blowing the driveway and hearing the loudest thunder. During the thunder the heaviest snow I have ever seen came down. I couldn't even see the snowblower. It was the wildest thing I have ever experienced.

I will second this. Thundersnow is always really eerie. It's just not something most people associate with snow :snowman:

Nope. It snowed everywhere else in Maryland except where I got married. :whistle:

So seriously how much was there in area of wedding?

I remember that morning well. I was at Torah study at my synagogue. Everyone was watching to see first flakes. They fell 3 hours after Torah study ended.

A pic of our 6 year old golden retriever, Tuck who had never seen so much snow. This is from the Dec 19 storm. He is a big 90 pounder, and the snow is almost up to his eyeballs about 21 inches I would say. We had to dig a trench system in our yard for him to do his stuff. It was like World War I in the back yard. Of course by February he was a pro at the whole blizzard thing.

post-697-0-94631900-1290389170.jpg

A pic of our 6 year old golden retriever, Tuck who had never seen so much snow. This is from the Dec 19 storm. He is a big 90 pounder, and the snow is almost up to his eyeballs about 21 inches I would say. We had to dig a trench system in our yard for him to do his stuff. It was like World War I in the back yard. Of course by February he was a pro at the whole blizzard thing.

Vicious dog?

Love that picture. :thumbsup: He looks like he's saying "WTF" to himself.

Here is my favorite pic-- Jan 30 10. We had 12 inches from this storm and this is the heaviest snow we had all winter. About 2.5 inches fell this hours.

Dec 19th was a little of a bummer--- 700mb low tracked a little too close, so we never got dryslotter, but the best bands set up about 30-50 miles W NW of me. Ended up with 14 inches rather then the 18-24 called for.

Feb 6 went as expect 8 inches with a ton of sleet in that total. If the SW had been 24 hours slower..

post-111-0-74368300-1290453542.jpg

About as vicious as a teddy bear. The best was him lying on my feet after shoveling snow for 8 hours. Who needs slippers when you have a golden retriever.

Oh OK. I thought golden retrievers were typically ferocious dogs; hating children, play, being petted, and the water.

Archived