• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
your favorite memories from winter 2009-10?

Ian

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

National guard coming to my neighborhood - having to dig a trench to elderly neighbors houses to rescue them and bring them food (power was out and we have a gas cook top). Getting to a hotel in Greenbelt after several days and logging in to find out the next storm was on its way.

I remember just being in total awe on the 10th when it was blizzarding and everything was so totally buried. I took pictures of the randomest things (like my front door).. thinking I'd want to frame it just to remember I once saw that much snow IMBY here.

I'll have to dig up some more images later.

I remember just being in total awe on the 10th when it was blizzarding and everything was so totally buried. I took pictures of the randomest things (like my front door).. thinking I'd want to frame it just to remember I once saw that much snow IMBY here.

I'll have to dig up some more images later.

I have a crapload of images but don't know how many I can upload with the attachment limits etc.

I have a crapload of images but don't know how many I can upload with the attachment limits etc.

i havent even uploaded something here yet

you can always use a place like tinypic or imagehost too

Favorite memory? Forecasted snow that actually fell.

And the January 30, risen from the dead snow. Watching those models all turn in our favor on the 29th was awesome. At just the right moment, I will resurrect Ian's comment from the night of Jan. 28. It still breaks me up. I'm sure there will be another opportunity this year.

Favorite memory? Forecasted snow that actually fell.

And the January 30, risen from the dead snow. Watching those models all turn in our favor on the 29th was awesome. At just the right moment, I will resurrect Ian's comment from the night of Jan. 28. It still breaks me up. I'm sure there will be another opportunity this year.

Not for anything like that.

Not for anything like that.

I'm not sure you understand the context of that. The opportunity I refer to is a night of unending bitching and misery when the models turned their collective back on us. I'm absolutely positive that there will be a storm that produces plenty of misery on the MA section of this board.

I'm also sure that you meant we won't have any opportunity for a great storm. Well, you could be right. But you could be wrong. Hope springs eternal. :snowman:

Archived