12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Friday, January 21st Storm Discussion II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lack of blocking really is not helping this storm like the previous ones. It just wants to swing through to the northeast without anything to force it south....the +PNA ridge is decent but its not enough by itself, its not a monster ridge...its de-amplifying a bit leading up to the event.

Yep 2-4

Nam was terrible enough already at 18z!

At 0z it did much better with one of the key s/w, so let's see how it does throughout the run.

i'm afraid to say the writing is one the wall with this one guys. i'm thinking i'd put money on the nam continuing to lower qpf until were left with a wide spread 2 inch snowfall if were lucky. 3 inch lollies on the cape. did the Gfs not trend down with qpf as well and 18z ens. shift se....now just need a euro fart se.

Lack of blocking really is not helping this storm like the previous ones. It just wants to swing through to the northeast without anything to force it south....the +PNA ridge is decent but its not enough by itself, its not a monster ridge...its de-amplifying a bit leading up to the event.

Looking a bit better thru 18h compared to 12z and 18z.

Great plume of high RH values out ahead of it as well so once we can get some lift to get close into the area we could start seeing pockets of snow showers develop out ahead of the main batch which would certainly help someone in the final accumulation department.

Yeah it's sending a band of lighter snows out well to the northeast, due to mid level processes. I mentioned that earlier today...it might give areas in nrn mass some help even though they are removed from the low.

Def better than 18z.That tightly wound vortmax should help. Low is further north.

It actually narrowly misses as a pretty decent storm...still a 2-5" fluff storm though as is...maybe 4-7" on the Cape this run. I think our hope is to really get that northern stream vortmax more potent as we get closer and it just might be enough to tug the sfc reflection closer and enhance the snowfall over our region.

Its at least attempting to get a TROWAL going on this run near the Cape...whereas the 18z run was basically an isentropic upglide event until it was past us.

It actually narrowly misses as a pretty decent storm...still a 2-5" fluff storm though as is...maybe 4-7" on the Cape this run. I think our hope is to really get that northern stream vortmax more potent as we get closer and it just might be enough to tug the sfc reflection closer and enhance the snowfall over our region.

Its at least attempting to get a TROWAL going on this run near the Cape...whereas the 18z run was basically an isentropic upglide event until it was past us.

It looks like it's a bit more negatively tilted too at 36 than the 18z NAM...something that may help tug it a bit closer to the coast at 42...just a bit stronger northern stream would certainly do the trick as well.

Archived