• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Friday, January 21st Storm Discussion II

Baroclinic Zone

I'm not sure I totally agree with that. I've seen many times where the SREF's could have been used as a leading indicator or a hedge, if you will. This last storm, for example had the 850's warmer than the NAM and the other Op's. It turned out the way to go. I think it depends on what the situation is.

With a volatile situation the Srefs aren't that useful. If the rest of the suite is wetter we can bet the 3z Srefs follow suit which is of zero help. It's reinforcing what we already knew....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott, what do you think of that southerly inflow over that cold. Dome, almost OES like for the southern coasts wonder if we get someone enhancenent going from an odd direction.

Could happen for sure, will need to see how it looks in the am as models lock down. What we have in the 0z nam is the 18z rgem which is encouraging. Between the rgem nam and euro we have pretty good consensus on .3 to .45 ish...with local enhancements etc....nothing wrong with that.

Hoping to see a solid signal for a low around or nw of the bm on all models.

Here's a good map I use to gauge changes in the runs (Euro only)....24 hour height change maps....This is the 12Z Euro from today....probably doesn't apply to Friday, but has worked like a charm most of this winter (for the big storms)....I still think you get to 90'' by the way.

Not to be a jerk, But i don't really think you are suppose to post that map from "That" site on here even though you paint shopped the name off of it

Could happen for sure, will need to see how it looks in the am as models lock down. What we have in the 0z nam is the 18z rgem which is encouraging. Between the rgem nam and euro we have pretty good consensus on .3 to .45 ish...with local enhancements etc....nothing wrong with that.

Hoping to see a solid signal for a low around or nw of the bm on all models.

Said it before, reminds me of 94 , just a straight powerful overunning quick hitting snowy six to ten hour period

This scream OES circle jerk the more I look at it.

Not really....the best will be in the east and southeast areas because thats where the deepest moisture is but the circulation never really gets going enough for good OES. This event screams high ratio advisory.

Not really....the best will be in the east and southeast areas because thats where the deepest moisture is but the circulation never really gets going enough for good OES. This event screams high ratio advisory.

Same thing as far as I'm concerned, which is about as far as Kev's weenie is long.

Archived