• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Friday, January 21st Storm Discussion II

Baroclinic Zone

A lot. There was probably a net gain of 4" or so (6-7" compacted by IP/ZR)...it all got iced over from the ZR. It had to deal with a few hours of 33-34F today, but that didnt do much.

I broke even....not so much because of the warmth, but it just rained so much that it beat it down....you prob have about 20".

5" snowfall erased.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took a good hit, but still pretty deep in most spots. I'd say a foot or so on avg. Exposed areas have maybe 8" or so. Some areas more than a foot.

LOL...from the sound of things I had thought it was worse! We're fine....snow incoming and deep cold in general for long term.

You may have a few inches more than me. It's just that a lot of the exposed areas really got low. The sheltered areas are ok.

Those monsoons pissed me off to no end; once I realized that it wouldn't get that warm, I thought I had escaped with a good gain, then the rains came.....beat the sh** down.

If it weren't so freakin' progressive...this thing could have been awesome.

We need that vortmax to dig further south...look what happens up in E ME as it gets captured by 5h...it slows enough to nail them a bit harder and also form a better looking CCB. If we were able to get this vortmax underneath us, we'd see a similar type development for us. But its going to be tough to get it that far south with time running out before the event...but I like the trends tonight.

We need that vortmax to dig further south...look what happens up in E ME as it gets captured by 5h...it slows enough to nail them a bit harder and also form a better looking CCB. If we were able to get this vortmax underneath us, we'd see a similar type development for us. But its going to be tough to get it that far south with time running out before the event...but I like the trends tonight.

It tries to at the last minute, but a hair too late. That CCB looks great up that way. It won't take a huge southward shift to makes things even more interesting, but the window is closing.

I agree with you...the trends have been nice on the 00z runs.

It tries to at the last minute, but a hair too late. That CCB looks great up that way. It won't take a huge southward shift to makes things even more interesting, but the window is closing.

I agree with you...the trends have been nice on the 00z runs.

At the very least, I think there is more confidence in a nice little 8-10 hour fluff storm that could produce up to low end warning lollis amongst solid advisory snows. We still have 24-30 hours to get that vortmax just a bit more south, though I'd probably take the Euro right now and run if offered. The Euro actually is quite similar to the GFS ensembles for our area...much more impressive up in E ME though.

Archived