• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

I was actually going to go much stronger than that.

He really is unbelievable how he's trashing fellow mets.

not to be an ass, but why even discuss him. he has a long history on these boards of being disrespectful and insulting practically everyone. he obviously has a personality problem.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I think that the track of the surface low will fall somewhere between the 12z GFS and 00z ECMWF. It will be interesting to see what the 12z ECMWF decides to do. It does seem like the storms have been trending closer to the coast this season and this is what concerns me. The large arctic high is forecast to be sliding eastward with time so with nothing really to anchor that cold source to our north or northeast, the flow becomes east to southeast so the milder air will be translated westward. There will probably be a well defined coastal front developing and that will tend to strengthen the thermal gradient. Will this be enough to pull the surface low farther west? Not real sure just yet. The signals are there though for a potentially large and significant Nor'easter but the track is a real nail-biter at this point."

This is a qoute from MGorse in the NYC thread. Pretty nice analysis and worthy of a read. It's damn scary in that thread though. If the same group was in a room together it would be an outright riot.

great track for central va surface is warm hr 96 0c rdu to williamsburg to del. hr102 0c at va beach

Midlo, appreciate all teh model updates, could you give a breakdown of exactly what it means for our area (midlothian) in terms of qpf and if it means all snow? thanks, really appreciate it

I really did not see the euro going this far east based on other models in the 12z package. There probably still boundary layer issues with how fast the initial high pressure leaves.....

The GGEM has the surface lkow west of the 500mb low over the cold air.

The GFS and EURO make more sense keeping the low over the +10C 850 temps off the carolina coast where the Atmosphere is less dense east of the H5 low.

Archived