Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DC is under a WWA, lol...warning is for N and W

Don't laugh at me. gun_bandana.gif It's close enough.

WASHINGTON DC GREATER METROPOLITAN AREA FORECAST

ISSUED: 357 AM EST WED JAN 26 2011DCZ001-MDZ004-009-013-016-VAZ042-052>054-261200-WASHINGTON DC GREATER METROPOLITAN AREA FORECAST...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS MORNING TO 4 AM ESTTHURSDAY....REST OF THE OVERNIGHT...RAIN...SNOW AND SLEET LIKELY. LITTLE OR NOSNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION. LOWS AROUND 30. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND5 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT. .TODAY...RAIN AND SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 3 INCHES. HIGHS INTHE MID 30S. NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATIONNEAR 100 PERCENT. .TONIGHT...SNOW...MAINLY IN THE EVENING. ADDITIONAL SNOWACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 4 INCHES. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. NORTHWEST WINDS10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT. .THURSDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S. NORTHWEST WINDS10 TO 15 MPH. .THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. SOUTHWESTWINDS AROUND 5 MPH...BECOMING SOUTHEAST AFTER MIDNIGHT. .FRIDAY...PARTLY SUNNY IN THE MORNING...THEN BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY.HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. .FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING PARTLYCLOUDY. COLD WITH LOWS 15 TO 20. .SATURDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 40. .SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMINGMOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. .SUNDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. .SUNDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS AROUND 20. .MONDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. .MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. .TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS AROUND 40.

MDstorm

I'll take it....

snow.gif Today Snow. Rain in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Highs in the mid 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. » ZIP Code Detail nt_chancesnow.gif Tonight Snow...mainly in the evening. Total snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches. Lows in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

What is the criteria for a WSW. 5 inches in 24 hours? If I get one millimeter over 5 inches from this, including the half inch it looks like I already have on the ground, by midnight tonight I am calling my Congressman person to complain about LWX lack of handling of this storm.

Oh, wait, I don't have a Congressman. I will call all 435 of them to complain. I've have seen far less serious threats get warnings than what this could be.

In all honesty, LWX put out a detailed and reasonable discussion that (I think) hints adjustments to the warning package are possible later. They are really banking on the rain holding on a few hours later in the immediate Metro.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=LWX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

Lol. Lol.

Upton Just put up a warning for Manhattan. So now EVERY Big City in Northeast has a Winter STorm Warning except Washington DC.

Boston, Philly, Baltimore, Trenton, New York, WIlmington, Harftord all under warnings, even though most models I saw last night seemed to show more promise for us then farther up the coast I thought.

I so hope LWX Bust a Big One Hard on this skimpiness with the warning for DC.

Today: Snow before noon, then rain and snow. High near 35. North wind between 6 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow, mainly before midnight. Low around 26. North wind between 9 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

:thumbsdown:

Probably auto generated but I'm expecting to be the otherside of this 2-6

Lol. Lol.

Upton Just put up a warning for Manhattan. So now EVERY Big City in Northeast has a Winter STorm Warning except Washington DC.

Boston, Philly, Baltimore, Trenton, New York, WIlmington, Harftord all under warnings, even though most models I saw last night seemed to show more promise for us then farther up the coast I thought.

Anne Arundel County under a WWA, too, yet Baltimore is WSW

Lol. Lol.

I don't know what's going on either. I really don't. It's not raining out there. Earlier, they said it was when it was clearly snow falling.

I really don't think we should obsess over it, even though it's maddening. Cast your lot with Capital Weather. Even the TV mets have come on board with pretty good forecast I think. And lets all hope LWX busts for DC and Northern Virginia if they don't change their tune after the 12z runs, which is still quite possible

I really don't think we should obsess over it, even though it's maddening. Cast your lot with Capital Weather. Even the TV mets have come on board with pretty good forecast I think. And lets all hope LWX busts for DC and Northern Virginia if they don't change their tune after the 12z runs, which is still quite possible

You'd do well to take your own advice.

Archived