joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, it sounds like the summary of the totality of the 0Z runs for DC is that we're right on (or very close to) the .75-1" / 1"-1.25" cutoff line on every single model, and every model agrees that the good majority of the precip will be snow. Fair?

Since things are a bit quieter, can we have a remedial weenie talk about ratios? I know the default is 10 or 12 to 1. What are some of the factors that significantly impact the ratio question? I know people have been saying this storm may be more in the 8:1 range.

So, it sounds like the summary of the totality of the 0Z runs for DC is that we're right on (or very close to) the .75-1" / 1"-1.25" cutoff line on every single model, and every model agrees that the good majority of the precip will be snow. Fair?

Since things are a bit quieter, can we have a remedial weenie talk about ratios? I know the default is 10 or 12 to 1. What are some of the factors that significantly impact the ratio question? I know people have been saying this storm may be more in the 8:1 range.

The 850's have been getting colder so it should be 10:1.

pretty solid shift se compared to 12z of the northern extent.. looks nam/gfs'ish for new england - people in pa not happy

I saw the surface and H5 charts though...it didnt shift SE it just shifted the deform band south. If the track of the euro is correct I call bullsht on its back edge location. It has the back edge the same place as the NAM/GFS but has the low 40 miles west tucked in right against the coast. If that track is correct it is badly under doing the deform band back into south central PA.

Archived