Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 24th-26th Winter Storm Potential

cmichweather

wasn't that storm ALL northern stream ? I thought it cut thru michigan

The dec 12 storm came out of canada like this northern low does and basically tracked along I 80 and dumped 20 or so inches on minny before occluding. A secondary developed near lake erie and dumped 4-7 inches. Not likley this time but who knows.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on most of the models around 84-96 have a look that would make me excited as well. Very sharp trough digging deep with a slightly pos tilt. Then the damn thing just moves east without ever going neg. DGEX is a perfect example. Whatever needs to happen to get that trough to back neg just isn't there. I can't figure out why unless it's that additional piece of energy showing up on the back side of the trough...or....something going on in the north atlantic.

it could be the kicker in the northern stream?

if you ask me , it could be the rebuilding NAO, which is even stronger on the 18z

i could be wrong though, it probably a lot more compex than that :lol: .....but it seems to not give any room to amplify

The dec 12 storm came out of canada like this northern low does and basically tracked along I 80 and dumped 20 or so inches on minny before occluding. A secondary developed near lake erie and dumped 4-7 inches. Not likley this time but who knows.

You're infatuated with december 12, get a lot of snow with that one or something?

You're infatuated with december 12, get a lot of snow with that one or something?

Lol no. Just saying its time for that storm on the LRC and the models are showing the same thing 4-5 days out this time around as they did then. Thats where it ends though as I think the southern wave will be more domnate this time.

yeah, the Models have completely flipped on the NAO in recent days.

Yea I am not sure if that storm OTS at hour 48 is reinforcing the west based NAO or pushing the east based NAO too far east to block this upcoming storm west. Who knows anymore. All I know is the models struggle with phasing and depicting a change in the NAO.

it could be the kicker in the northern stream?

if you ask me , it could be the rebuilding NAO, which is even stronger on the 18z

i could be wrong though, it probably a lot more compex than that :lol: .....but it seems to not give any room to amplify

If this thing cant track from the gulf to Ohio then this works fine for me. Pretty sure such a strong clipper would have more QPF then what is being shown on these runs anyways.

Lol no. Just saying its time for that storm on the LRC and the models are showing the same thing 4-5 days out this time around as they did then. Thats where it ends though as I think the southern wave will be more domnate this time.

Same as far as what? I don't think the models had that low on the east coast at the 4-5 day timeframe.

I only ask because that is like the 10th time you've mention december 12. And I don't remember models showing on dec 12 what the models are showing now?

Archived