• Last Reply

SO PUT IN YOUR GUESS FOR THE 12Z EURO:

A. Suppressed OTS

B. HECS I-95 weenie dream

C. Eastern Apps inland runner....hammers PITT, E. OV

D. APP runner....buckeye lov'n

E. OV runner....congrats Hoosier and Harry

F. Lake Cutter...Harry cold sweat, Wisconsin special

I'm saying this run will be a B. and the weenie MA thread will be stomp'n and rock'n...DT will post an update WOOF WOOF

I guess we ended up with something between B/C closer to B

It was actually further west as it pull up from the Gulf. Then it was essentially at the same spot in NC as the 0z....then ended up further east.

Makes sense the way this winter has gone, but either 0z or the 12z has something wrong with it. Im saying last nights run was probably wrong on the qpf reaching eastern OH/western PA like it did.

My suggestion to you is to bail on this one for here right now. Ain't happening. Could be a big dog for KY and OH though. :)

Can't really "bail" when I haven't been giving it much of a chance to begin with (in terms of a bigger event), but I see what you're saying. Can pretty much gauge my interest level by how much I post in a thread.

I am not professional but I doubt with as much high pressure to the NE, a strenghtening east based NAO, and with it intensifying and going negative tilt, it wouldnt go from new orleans to boston.

It goes negative tilt, but only in the southern stream. The northern stream, rather than phasing with it, acts as a kicker to push it to the east. I don't like it, but I think it makes meteorological sense.

Still close enough that we have to watch it though. I hate that.

true enough....and that is the unfortunate part

this one has an extended precip shield to keep interest further NW, but that is the track this year, and it will be again.

5th time i will be going through this drill, but i keep putting myself thourgh it....rinse repeat. :(

It goes negative tilt, but only in the southern stream. The northern stream, rather than phasing with it, acts as a kicker to push it to the east. I don't like it, but I think it makes meteorological sense.

Yep, this is exactly what happens. Too much crap upstream to allow it to pull west this run.

2 days from now we'll be looking back saying 'remember when the models had this as a inland coastal?'. The question is what will it be showing then. I'd be nervous as heck if it had our dream track right now.

:weenie:

I am fully with you on that. Never good to have the dream track this far out. Had that system that had come out of Canada at 78hrs or so stayed together/stronger and dipped just a little further south we would be looking at a completely different ballgame i suspect. That system is kinda the deal breaker for all unless we were to lose the southern part of the system. Plenty of time for this to change and end up like that too.

so what's the trend been this year ? It's been to make the northern stream more dominant over time. That might be a good thing to get it to phase in better.

Ah thanks. I thought the northern stream phased with it. Can anyone quickly enlighten me on how the pna effects this storm and storm track. A positive PNA makes the ridge steeper out west, making storms go southeast towards the gulf? The more neutral it is the flatter the ridge is? Thanks

That's probably contaminated from the weekend clipper. From looking at where the low tracks between 120 and 144 that's usually no good for imby.

Yea.. You only get a lil blowing in the ear and a TY for picking up the tab for my King cut of prime rib action from the big momma..

Still something to keep an eye on like you said up there. Better than back this way.

Pretty close. Basically the northern stream ends up staying further detached from our southern system. Thus why that stuff dropping in at 78hrs is important. Thus we need the northern stream to dig a little more so it can capture the southern low and thus bring it up along/west of the apps.

Archived