• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 24th-26th Winter Storm Potential

cmichweather

Interesting. I never knew PD 1 ( Feb 18-19 1979 ) was a miller b type storm. Actually took a very similar track that the GFS is showing with this with the northern stuff. :yikes: Main difference was that popped a low at the coast of NC/SC border and absorbed the weak low out this way.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had to post this, then everyone who didnt before can understand why Henry Margusity should be stripped of his Met degree, guy is an idiot. Here is his recent post on Facebook

Henry Margusity Fan ClubThe DGEX model is like the love of my life in regards to the weather.

Yes, the DGEX is the model he swears by.. What a clown. How does this guy keep a job?

EDIT: Needed to add this gem he put in the comments of that post

Henry Margusity Fan Club In a normal storm, 1 Inch of rain equals 10 inches of snow. If its very cold, 1 inch of rain can equal 20 inches of snow. That's 20:1. The colder it is the higher the ratio, the warmer the lower the ratio

I just had to post this, then everyone who didnt before can understand why Henry Margusity should be stripped of his Met degree, guy is an idiot. Here is his recent post on Facebook

Yes, the DGEX is the model he swears by.. What a clown. How does this guy keep a job?

Clown indeed. My favorite quote was when he said the stronger Ohio Valley surface low would "push" the coastal low farther OTS with the last HECS to pummel New Englandaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.png

This whole "colder" = higher ratios is equally bad.

Henry Margusity is in a meteorology weenie class of his own as a true Quadruple Bunner: hotdog.gifhotdog.gifhotdog.gifhotdog.gif

Henry Margusity is in a meteorology weenie class of his own as a true Quadruple Bunner: hotdog.gifhotdog.gifhotdog.gifhotdog.gif

Yea I posted on his site today that he was all hype and asked why accuweather puts out precip maps when the energy isnt even sampled yet. He responded "yea the weather channel is on board with a NE storm, Fox news met is also on board, and accuweather just stated an ec storm is likely so it's all hype eh steve?

Yea I posted on his site today that he was all hype and asked why accuweather puts out precip maps when the energy isnt even sampled yet. He responded "yea the weather channel is on board with a NE storm, Fox news met is also on board, and accuweather just stated an ec storm is likely so it's all hype eh steve?

LOL. Are you kidding me? He seems pretty confident in the forecasting abilities of FOX, the Weather Channel, and Accuweather to respond with such a tone. Of course the threat is most definitely real, but suggesting it is because those news organizations and the DGEX suggest it is the last reason to hop on-board.

LOL. Are you kidding me? He seems pretty confident in the forecasting abilities of FOX, the Weather Channel, and Accuweather to respond with such a tone. Of course the threat is most definitely real, but suggesting it is because those news organizations and the DGEX suggest it is the last reason to hop on-board.

Yea I dont doubt the potential but its just the way he goes about it. He reminds me of a local news met (not saying all of them are bad:see my pic) that doesnt have a degree, just follows the models, and doesn't input any of his own meteorological intelligence and say why this model may be right and why it might be wrong.

BTW, I don't care if its 100 hours out...a model should NOT shift that much, like 400 miles, in that timeframe...I mean, that is just pathetic...every storm this year, no one has had a clue until you got into like the 3 day range...even this last one, which was decently modeled wasn't really showing up all that well until around the 84 hour range....they are just junk IMO..

OK, end rant.

BTW, I don't care if its 100 hours out...a model should NOT shift that much, like 400 miles, in that timeframe...I mean, that is just pathetic...every storm this year, no one has had a clue until you got into like the 3 day range...even this last one, which was decently modeled wasn't really showing up all that well until around the 84 hour range....they are just junk IMO..

OK, end rant.

Not even the 3 days, basically nowcasting.

OK, end rant.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/8746-why-are-models-so-good/

OK, end rant.

My Response, posted in the Mid-Atlantic earlier:

Yeah exactly. The inevitable "THE MODELS SUCK!" comments are going to come out in these patterns. The models are doing fine. It is a nod to human ingenuity that these models can even suggest these threats 5-7 days in advance. Kudos to them; no kudos to the people who believe models suck if they can't nail down threats a week in advance.

that little front piece of energy passing through the gulf is weaker ahead of the storm......that could be a good thing as per baro, keeping the gulf more moist and allowing for better WAA

damn my comp is so slow when running its virus check ugh

that piece of energy almost disappeared and when i saw that my first thought was the nam will probably be popping a much stronger ridge ahead

I think the reason people get frustrated with models is because it seems like they are always dead-on-accurate a full week in advance when they show a boring solution. Then they jump around wildly with much heartbreak if the pattern is more active. I think the models are pretty accurate when the pattern isn't amplified, but lose a lot of their take-it-at-face-value usefulness when there are lots of players on the board.

Archived